Lee Grant

LB_DCFC

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

I love that people who wrote the guy off are still confident enough in their own opinions to completely ignore the fact that he looked every bit Premier League quality whilst at Stoke.

Doesn't change that he was absolutely gash for us in 2015 though.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't remember the club saying anything about it?

I heard about it down Moor Farm with a few other members when we was invited down, pretty sure it was repeated at a later Q&A night on the pub tours.

1 minute ago, David said:

I heard about it down Moor Farm with a few other members when we was invited down, pretty sure it was repeated at a later Q&A night on the pub tours.

Ah fair enough then. He probably deserves some slack for his performances that year.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Strange for a player to have their biggest moves right at the end of their career. 

Good luck to him though!

Don't think of the move in terms of a normal player. Goalkeeper's career paths differ quite a bit from outfield players. In context this isn't a big move. Grant is a safe pair of hands to have in reserve and may never play a single first team game. The only surprising thing is that the 3rd 'keeper spot is normally given to an up and coming youngster, but this is Jose and we know his track record with academy players.

Archived