What's something that you said could never happen, then it did

Bob The Badger

I can remember one of my best friends who I usually stay with for a night when I go home banging on a few years ago about how great her nephew was at cricket and how he’d play for England one-day.

And me and her husband, were like ‘yeh, yeh, yeh, course he will’ and rolling our eyes at her clear bias and lack of cricketing knowledge.

His name is......

Joe Root!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is a kind of claim to fame thing, I used to hang out with a lad in my teens who was really into music. He got me into Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Mike Oldfield, Deep Purple, amongst others. I was always interested in what he was listening to.

When he eventually decided to go off to Edinburgh to study music, it was, Max, stay here and get pissed with us, you nobber! Good job he didn't.

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

If this is a kind of claim to fame thing, I used to hang out with a lad in my teens who was really into music. He got me into Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Mike Oldfield, Deep Purple, amongst others. I was always interested in what he was listening to.

When he eventually decided to go off to Edinburgh to study music, it was, Max, stay here and get pissed with us, you nobber! Good job he didn't.

I dunno, maybe you could persuaded him when he was pissed to form a band and make you lead singer!

24 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I dunno, maybe you could persuaded him when he was pissed to form a band and make you lead singer!

I can't ducking sing. We did play together a few times, but he was on a different level, really. 

Still think he's a nobber tho. 

On 27 June 2018 at 21:43, Lambchop said:

I can't ducking sing. We did play together a few times, but he was on a different level, really. 

Still think he's a nobber tho. 

I'm not sure if thats good or bad ?

On 28/06/2018 at 00:37, Bob The Badger said:

I can remember one of my best friends who I usually stay with for a night when I go home banging on a few years ago about how great her nephew was at cricket and how he’d play for England one-day.

And me and her husband, were like ‘yeh, yeh, yeh, course he will’ and rolling our eyes at her clear bias and lack of cricketing knowledge.

His name is......

Joe Root!

Your nephew is Joe Root?

My nephew made his maiden first class century (188no) for Victoria in February, effectively saving Victoria’s prospects of making the Sheffield Shield final, having made his debut the season before (at 18). He’s long been regarded as a batting prodigy by those ITK. If he keeps progressing, he may well play for Australia.

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/will-pucovski-century-highlights-sheffield-shield-victoria-v-queensland-mcg/2018-02-18

On 29/06/2018 at 03:54, sage said:

Trump getting elected.

I said that when he first announced his nomination, but about a week out I got a sense he was going to win.

It reminded me of when Kinnock had that dumb party in Sheffield to celebrate beating Thatcher in 87 and then promptly lost.

5 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

Your nephew is Joe Root?

My nephew made his maiden first class century (188no) for Victoria in February, effectively saving Victoria’s prospects of making the Sheffield Shield final, having made his debut the season before (at 18). He’s long been regarded as a batting prodigy by those ITK. If he keeps progressing, he may well play for Australia.

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/will-pucovski-century-highlights-sheffield-shield-victoria-v-queensland-mcg/2018-02-18

One of Bob's best friends is Joe's auntie, not Bob.  I think.

Archived