Name that Ram

Bob The Badger

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

We had two lads on loan around that Candy kit from Liverpool. Alex Watson and Gary Ablett, so one of them I reckon.

Most likely Watson as it doesn't look like Ablett is my guess.

Yeh good call Mick. I remember Ablett distinctly, did a great job for us, but I don't remember Watson at all.

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

I spent a couple of hours with him yesterday ! Lovely man and proper Derby County royalty !

AAC1CA28-1133-4FB1-9F47-2BF0C1BAD93C.jpeg

He came to our house on a few occasions when he was President of the South Peak supporters club.

Agreed, he was class. We'd see him after most home games in the Sportsman Club up behind C Stand with his wife Doreen and he always took the time to talk to me. No airs and graces, just a proper nice guy.

Can you imagine if we had that back 4 of Nish, McFarland, Todd and Webster now?

I mean not now obviously as they may struggle for pace being in their 70's, but at their peak?

The single greatest back 4 of English players of all time. And it's not even close.

3 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I spent a couple of hours with him yesterday ! Lovely man and proper Derby County royalty !

AAC1CA28-1133-4FB1-9F47-2BF0C1BAD93C.jpeg

Blimey.....unrecognisable now. Just about managed to decypher the top pic but not the one wearing specs.

very good full back. 

5 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

We had two lads on loan around that Candy kit from Liverpool. Alex Watson and Gary Ablett, so one of them I reckon.

Most likely Watson as it doesn't look like Ablett is my guess.

Well played Mick it is Alex Watson although the picture was taken when he was younger than when we had him on loan from Liverpool.

Always thought Ablett was class and very underrated., would have loved to have had him on a permenant

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Can I ban @Premier ram form this one so somebody else can have a go!

I

I went to school with his lad and Ronnie took us for PE for a term in yr3, so 1977.

I was his first pick for the school team. It was only years later that I realised when he told the teacher I would be his first pick due to my enthusiasm, that it was faint praise.

Archived