World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Meanwhile, Lingard scoring scorchers, Kane scoring goals off his arse, and Stones scoring (or assisting with) bullet headers. 

We're open because we're being aggressive against these 'weaker' defensive teams. Have to disagree with Maguire, he saw plenty of the ball vs. Tunisia, and looked comfortable - that said, that's what Stones and Henderson are for.

Agree with Walker though, but that's what happens when you put a natural RB in at CB. He's said it himself that he's not comfortable there.

Yes, but Lingard missed a hatful of sitters too. Stones has been good. 

Still whilst we have done what we've needed I'm not getting carried away, I'm not convinced by the way we're set up - even Panama could have scored three against us second half. So Belgium will be an interesting game in lots of ways.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, but Lingard missed a hatful of sitters too. Stones has been good. 

Still whilst we have done what we've needed I'm not getting carried away, I'm not convinced by the way we're set up - even Panama could have scored three against us second half. So Belgium will be an interesting game in lots of ways.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll win the lot, I'm just enjoying the ride.

Panama could have scored three because they stopped kicking us, and started kicking the ball, while we'd dropped right off with being 6 up. As you say, Belgium will be the proper acid test. They've been one of the few teams to properly impress me in this tournament, other than Colombia trouncing Poland.

22 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mexico would look technically better and quicker than England. But I don't think Mexico would cope with England's threat at set-pieces. England would have such a height advantage. 

I'd probably root for Mexico if the two face eachother. I consider myself half Mex now, and I do enjoy their mentality at the World Cup, especially when they play against teams who consider themselves superior.

Besides, I love an underdog and England would no doubt start the game as favourites.

Not sure Mexico will qualify, other than 30 minutes against Germany they have looked average at best.  Against South Korea, they struggled to get anything going, looking laboured against a poor side.

22 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not sure Mexico will qualify, other than 30 minutes against Germany they have looked average at best.  Against South Korea, they struggled to get anything going, looking laboured against a poor side.

You going to bet on Sweden and Germany each to win 1-0 as that's the scenario which would send Mexico out. 

All 3 teams would have 6 points and Mexico would lose out on head to head record. 

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

You going to bet on Sweden and Germany each to win 1-0 as that's the scenario which would send Mexico out. 

All 3 teams would have 6 points and Mexico would lose out on head to head record. 

Is it not goal difference that determines who goes though when level? Not that it makes a difference if I bet on it, with my track record, guaranteed I’d lose.

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Is it not goal difference that determines who goes though when level? Not that it makes a difference if I bet on it, with my track record, guaranteed I’d lose.

Not according to the Oracle of TalkSport. But is it the case that with the above results gd might be exactly the same?

Anyway onto more important matters........is that a hint of ginge in Ronaldos silly little goatee ?

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Not sure about that tackle from Pique? Two feet off the ground an all studs up, gets the ball but surely reckless?

Var officials snoozing again 

6 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Not sure about that tackle from Pique? Two feet off the ground an all studs up, gets the ball but surely reckless?

Would have been a sending off in the Prem. 

Morocco score after a Ramos mix-up. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! 

Archived