World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Croatia has sacked one of their coaches for a glory to the Ukraine video. Potential turmoil there? 

Sorry, you have lost me.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got no time for damage to property. If you wanna be a hardman go over to Russia and have a fight in a forest against 50 blokes in MMA gear.

That said, it is literally tens of people who drag the reputation of millions who are capable of having a skinful and can celebrate without vandalising an ambulance, so a little perspective please.

Derby after the Colombia game was a joy. Everyone absolutely nailed but all having a sing song and a dance together.

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Sorry I nodded off during that video. Was waiting for "violent" scenes but maybe they were edited out.

Nobody is condoning muppets just sad that they get the oxygen of publicity and suposedly linked to football celebrations.

Will always be morons. I didn't watch the video its more the story. To have to close on the day of a quarter final and lose money because some idiots cant handle a few beers.

Regardless of if its a few people or not its still ok to be appalled by it.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Will always be morons. I didn't watch the video its more the story. To have to close on the day of a quarter final and lose money because some idiots cant handle a few beers.

Regardless of if its a few people or not its still ok to be appalled by it.

As I've said nobody is saying it's anything but idiotic to damage property. But reports are that record numbers of 999 calls were made on Saturday, and if the worst crime is a smashed windscreen well sorry I didn't call 999 when my windscreen was smashed .. I called auto windscreens , and yes I do blame the snowflakes for over reacting. 

Anyway... The World Cup who do you fancy? My money is on Belgium .

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

As I've said nobody is saying it's anything but idiotic to damage property. But reports are that record numbers of 999 calls were made on Saturday, and if the worst crime is a smashed windscreen well sorry I didn't call 999 when my windscreen was smashed .. I called auto windscreens , and yes I do blame the snowflakes for over reacting. 

Anyway... The World Cup who do you fancy? My money is on Belgium .

My head cannot handle this.

youre saying that Just because you’re happy to pay for some d1ckhead damaging your car everyone else should do the same? Why? 

Why should hard working people have to pay cos some cocks can’t handle their shandy?? 

Its not snowflakey to want a criminal reference number when someone does criminal damage to your property ffs it’s in the name! They’re not just there to solve murders Yano...

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

youre saying that Just because you’re happy to pay for some d1ckhead damaging your car everyone else should do the same? Why? 

Why should hard working people have to pay cos some cocks can’t handle their shandy?? 

Its not snowflakey to want a criminal reference number when someone does criminal damage to your property ffs it’s in the name! They’re not just there to solve murders Yano...

You need a reference number to be able to claim on the insurance normally.

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

From Wiki: "Snowflake as a slang term involves the usage of the word snowflake to refer to a person. Its meaning may include a person perceived by others to have an inflated sense of uniqueness or an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or to be over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

The phone number 999 is for emergencies only , so all the 999 calls on Saturday made by people witnessing drunken behaviour by fans were an over-reaction so yes fit the definition of snowflakey.

As does over-reacting against someone for pointing this out.

Luckily I am not snowflakey as I could otherwise be offended by the term Brexit-Dad. Never heard of this term but isnt that ageist and sexist?  Inaccurate too in my case as I voted remain. And whats it got to do with the drunken fans? 

Anyway, theres no point in reasoning with you (whether you are on the sauce or not) and this discussion has nothing to do with football anyway so end of.

3 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Don’t know if anyone else has posted this link.World Cup 2018: The mad dash to Moscow http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44767587

Incredible how easy tickets are available, I went on FIFA’s website yesterday and could get 2 tickets for the Croatia game if I wanted.....and to think of all the planning I did to go to France 98...! 

22 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Incredible how easy tickets are available, I went on FIFA’s website yesterday and could get 2 tickets for the Croatia game if I wanted.....and to think of all the planning I did to go to France 98...! 

Probably because you need a visa or fanID as well, which takes time - if you've left it until now, as most fans did cos we weren't expecting much, its probably to late.

There was a bit about it on Sky Sports News last night, although I wasn't paying much attention as I've got no intention of going.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Probably because you need a visa or fanID as well, which takes time - if you've left it until now, as most fans did cos we weren't expecting much, its probably to late.

There was a bit about it on Sky Sports News last night, although I wasn't paying much attention as I've got no intention of going.

I think it would have been a slightly different scenario if Russia had beat Croatia of course but it seems anyone who wants to go can get a ticket easily. 

Sorted, glad the CEO is a Brit and we’re off the The Red Lion Manhattan for team building.. Watched the Sweden game in there, so lucky watering hole now.. Will be plenty of English expat bankers in there, so it’s  all good. 

Plenty of Colombians working for the company, they were devastated when they lost to us. Ref cheated, goal should have been given.. Jeeez you would not believe we watched the same game.

No one likes us, we don’t care..

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorted, glad the CEO is a Brit and we’re off the The Red Lion Manhattan for team building.. Watched the Sweden game in there, so lucky watering hole now.. Will be plenty of English expat bankers in there, so it’s  all good. 

Plenty of Colombians working for the company, they were devastated when they lost to us. Ref cheated, goal should have been given.. Jeeez you would not believe we watched the same game.

No one likes us, we don’t care..

I watched the game with Colombian commentary. They play a different game over this way. Different rules.

Grappling is allowed. They actually said it was Kane who committed the foul. They banged on about their ‘disallowed goal’ being a huge injustice. Don’t get me wrong, at the time the throw-in was made there weren’t two balls on the pitch, but the referee blew straight away and the ball was put in the net with the defence and GK motionless. 

It’s not that they were just straight up biased. They view the game comoletely different.

My Mexican friends also watched it and all of them were 100% convinced England should have had a penalty for a clear push on Sterling. I didn’t think it was a foul at all. We see the game differently.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I watched the game with Colombian commentary. They play a different game over this way. Different rules.

Grappling is allowed. They actually said it was Kane who committed the foul. They banged on about their ‘disallowed goal’ being a huge injustice. Don’t get me wrong, at the time the throw-in was made there weren’t two balls on the pitch, but the referee blew straight away and the ball was put in the net with the defence and GK motionless. 

It’s not that they were just straight up biased. They view the game comoletely different.

My Mexican friends also watched it and all of them were 100% convinced England should have had a penalty for a clear push on Sterling. I didn’t think it was a foul at all. We see the game differently.

I was expecting the colombian player to be booked for kicking the ball after the whistle had gone. I thought Lingard was fouled  rather than sterling, and there  should have been a sending off for the head butt. like you say we view things differently.

Archived