World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

32 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But that doesn’t make sense because Brazil have only conceded 1 goal in 13 games, whilst France conceded 3 to an average Argentina side.

Don't get me wrong, I tipped Brazil at the start of the tournament, I looked at them as the most complete. Defensively they do look good in open play, I just feel England could hurt them at set-pieces more than they could France.

Aside from Brazil's centre-backs, and Casimero, they're not exactly the tallest bunch are they? Neymar, Marcelo, Willian, Gabriel Jesus, Coutinho and Fagner are all midgets. Paulinho and Fernandinho are under 6ft, 

If England can hurt them in a way, it's via set-pieces. I think Belgium will hurt them at set-pieces.

One other area I'd fancy England is the duo of Walker and Trippier vs Neymar and Marcelo. They'd leave oceans of space down their left side and Trippier exploited Real Madrid's Marcelo when he went walkabouts.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh the set pieces point I certainly agree with because Belgium, France and England are all strong physical sides in contrast to Brazil.

Im a bit surprised that Belgium aren’t starting with Moussa Dembele because his ability on the ball and dribbling quality in tight spaces is very useful, and his defensive quality isn’t any worse than Witsel. I suppose he’s a useful option to have off the bench though if Belgium go in front and when they need players to take the sting out of the game.

This might be a bit controversial but does anyone else think that Neymar is a bit overrated? He’s clearly a good player but does he justify his 200 or 300 million pound price tag?

For that, you could probably buy both Hazard and De Bruyne.

Even if Neymar was on a similar level to Messi and Ronaldo, which he isn't, his antics on the pitch will stop him ever being mentioned in the same breath.

All this diving and rolling around is pathetic and seriously damages his reputation as a footballer.

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

Jesus dived anyway

Jesus doesn't dive. He walks on water.

Archived