England v Costa Rica

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

Alli made a huge difference when he came on, what game are you watching?

The one where he had a shot that was going wide that got headed in and where he couldn't get it past the first man when crossing twice.

Looks lazy in comparison to Loftus Cheek and Lingard.

Just now, JoetheRam said:

The one where he had a shot that was going wide that got headed in and where he couldn't get it past the first man when crossing twice.

Looks lazy in comparison to Loftus Cheek and Lingard.

He played more through balls in the 20 minutes he was on then the rest of our midfielders put together. Alli plays under Pochettino, so I doubt work rate is an issue.

He looked up for the Welbeck goal, it was evidently a cross.

Good result but thought we were quite sloppy, admittedly it was a makeshift side.

Impressed with Henderson and Delph. Rashford was quality for the first 30, what a goal. Thought he made the wrong decision most of the time after that, was like watching Tom Lawrence. Welbeck keeping up his international goalscoring which is only a good thing, swear he gave the ball away every other time he touched the ball tonight though.

Shame we've not got a third friendly to combine the best of the two teams we've put out this week. Nevermind, Come on England! 

article-0-00115AAD1000044C-99_468x299.jp

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He played more through balls in the 20 minutes he was on then the rest of our midfielders put together. Alli plays under Pochettino, so I doubt work rate is an issue.

He looked up for the Welbeck goal, it was evidently a cross.

Don't care what he does for Spurs, didn't look interested first ten minutes when he came on. I do rate him, but not just based on tonight but the last two or three games for England he's looked a bit aloof to me.

No way does he mean that as a cross.

Delph played well tonight.

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

Don't care what he does for Spurs, didn't look interested first ten minutes when he came on. I do rate him, but not just based on tonight but the last two or three games for England he's looked a bit aloof to me.

We can agree to disagree then. I thought Alli was one of the best players on the park when he came on, looked to actually have quality on the ball which we were severely lacking. 

Delph was good. So was Loftus Cheek. Was disappointed with Rashford's overall performance. Looked bright for the first 30, then started doing what he does for United and running into dead ends and over playing it. 

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I believe tis the band that follows England around, hence the trumpets. 

Unless that was tongue in cheek and I'm missing a reference or something. 

I believe it is. However Leeds fans love to tell every other clubs fans that they are rock hard and don’t need a drum. 

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We can agree to disagree then. I thought Alli was one of the best players on the park when he came on, looked to actually have quality on the ball which we were severely lacking. 

Delph was good. So was Loftus Cheek. Was disappointed with Rashford's overall performance. Looked bright for the first 30, then started doing what he does for United and running into dead ends and over playing it. 

Thought Alli never hid, and always showed for the ball, and I like that..... but didn’t think he was no way near the best park on the pitch when he came on. 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Thought Alli never hid, and always showed for the ball, and I like that..... but didn’t think he was no way near the best park on the pitch when he came on. 

I thought for quality on the ball he was. He seemed to pick gaps in the defense that none of our other attacking players were finding. I thought it was a big improvement. 

23 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Not a huge fan of Alli but that definitely looked like a cross

I was presently impressed last night.  It's nice to see us committing defenders by having the balls to take a man on in midfield (well all except Henderson) instead of going sideways and backwards for 2 minutes.  Plenty of pace, plenty of movement  Still expect us to get no further than the quarters but at least we shouldn't go out with a whimper this time...

Starting XI

---------------------------Pickford

------------Walker-------Stones-------Maguire

Trippier----Henderson--------------Dier----------Rose

--------------------------Alli

------------------Kane----------Rashford

6 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I was presently impressed last night.  It's nice to see us committing defenders by having the balls to take a man on in midfield (well all except Henderson) instead of going sideways and backwards for 2 minutes.  Plenty of pace, plenty of movement  Still expect us to get no further than the quarters but at least we shouldn't go out with a whimper this time...

Starting XI

---------------------------Pickford

------------Walker-------Stones-------Maguire

Trippier----Henderson--------------Dier----------Rose

--------------------------Alli

------------------Kane----------Rashford

Nice team, though I went for Cahill instead of Maguire, Loftus-Cheek instead of Henderson and Young instead of Rose.

Pickford 

Walker.      Stones.      Cahill 

Trippier.          Henderson.             Rose

Alli.       Sterling.      LC

Kane

Rashford, Maguire, Lingard and Alexander Arnold banging on the door for me (which is brilliant) but this is my XI for Tunisia based on qualifying and recent friendlies. 

Note: would have been Ox in place of LC if not for injury.

Also would have Lallana in the 23 even though I know he’s been injured. 

Im excited now! 

Archived