Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra wont drop his wages demand and they wont pay and are threatening to move on. Meanwhile we have the Waghorn deal on hold which may/may not involve a couple of players going the other way.......... or being allowed to take up offers elsewhere.

One way or another it wants sorting asap............. There are other deals to be done and time is running out. I can't really believe that Vydra is being so truculent and unhelpful. His demands were/are extortionate and he doesn't seem to understand  'starting point for negotiation' /' compromise'.......        It's what happens.     Get on with it............................. 

Why should Vydra go to Leeds if he really doesn't want to. When it comes down to it he's got to look after number 1 because nobody else will.

14 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Vydra wont drop his wages demand and they wont pay and are threatening to move on. Meanwhile we have the Waghorn deal on hold which may/may not involve a couple of players going the other way.......... or being allowed to take up offers elsewhere.

One way or another it wants sorting asap............. There are other deals to be done and time is running out. I can't really believe that Vydra is being so truculent and unhelpful. His demands were/are extortionate and he doesn't seem to understand  'starting point for negotiation' /' compromise'.......        It's what happens.     Get on with it............................. 

I wouldn't want to go to Leeds either. I too am not really bothered about Waghorn. If Vydra really needs to go for Derby's sake let's hope a foreign club or premiership come knocking.

18 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Maybe he is demanding such wages because he is trying to maximise his earning ability. 

Wouldn’t we would all do the same particularly if we really aren’t arsed about the move in the first place. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I would suggest that if the move was to the Premier League he would have compromised his stance to push the move through. 

Just a thought ??

21 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Aware of this, but when a player is part of your plans, there is a eagerness for them to be involved in whatever way possible, whether it’s on the pitch or off it.

Think about George Thorne when he was injured. He was always in and amongst it.

You want them to be part of the squad on pre season tours, you want them to feature in pre-season friendlies, not behind closed doors friendlies set up for scouts.

If Martin was in Frank’s plans, would we even need Marriott or Waghorn?

It’s just disappointing we are losing proven quality in Vydra and seemingly Martin will follow suit.

I just think if he has the rumoured illness that for his comfort he probably doesn’t want to be dragged around on friendlies away from home comforts etc? 

18 hours ago, Gritty said:

Ins are also Martin, Blackman, Bryson and Butterfield given we didn't pay their wages last year (Paid Martin's for first half)

Their salaries would have been budgeted in to the seasons plans though. Couldn’t guarantee last minute loan deals? 

The decision may not have been too appealing, and a little sideways, fair emough.

The fact they are desperate for him and we are desperate to get rid should make it an easy enough decision, especially if they are offering anywhere near his wages.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yeah, let’s keep him and not have a place in the team for him until he can leave on a free.

Well it's what we've done with Martin - taken a player with a £9m clause in a loan deal and turned into someone that has a market valuation of 'bit of a punt' all over it. Now you can argue that the loan option was never taken up but, still....

Archived