Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Players have been sold when they're injured before now if the deal is on.

Lamps said: (about Vydra & Martin - not Anya, if DET is attributing correctly)

Reading between the lines, plus a little guess work, but I think both picked up problems at the end of last season that possibly went undiagnosed/needed addressing. As Martin was ‘ill’ at Reading, I cant help but feel that his abdominal issue now is connected in some way.

Same a little with Vydra, played a bit part towards the end, don’t think it’s too far a stretch that there is a delicate issue that needs addressing to not cause something more major.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

To be honest, I am rather surprised at the lack of interest in Vyds. Usually the championship top goal scorers are a transfer target for lower table premier league teams. Strange...

You don't get many Championship top scorers who a) haven't been promoted AND b) have recent evidence of not being able to hack it in the PL

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

As Martin was ‘ill’ at Reading, I cant help but feel that his abdominal issue now is connected in some way.

I can’t help but feel that his “abdominal” issue is that he can’t stomach another loan/move. Arguably of all the deals done in the last 3 years, the decision to offer him an improved contract then soon after sack Mac2 must be the most crazy.  One wonders where his head might be at the moment because l sense he isn’t in Lampard’s plans.

Just now, i-Ram said:

I can’t help but feel that his “abdominal” issue is that he can’t stomach another loan/move. 

Well when he's been shown not to be in a managers plans he's gone out on loan. Your insinuation is based on nothing but Fake News.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Well when he's been shown not to be in a managers plans he's gone out on loan. Your insinuation is based on nothing but Fake News.

Hello Mrs Martin.  Sorry but l think you are quick to misunderstand me, and of course anyone who says anything that is other than positive about Chris.  I wasn’t having a go at him. Indeed I have an element of sympathy for him. His head might be shot, and he might not have the stomach for another move. He is a very well paid footballer, but that does not mean he cannot suffer similar work related stress and anxiety that many of us lesser mortals do. 

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I can’t help but feel that his “abdominal” issue is that he can’t stomach another loan/move. Arguably of all the deals done in the last 3 years, the decision to offer him an improved contract then soon after sack Mac2 must be the most crazy.  One wonders where his head might be at the moment because l sense he isn’t in Lampard’s plans.

I agree it was the height of stupidity to offer him improved terms on an extended deal, and then sack the manager who'd wanted that before he'd even come back in the building.

Live and learn, hopefully.

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I did hear a couple of days ago that Martin's issue/illness is actually to do with his heart and theres a chance he may have to retire but I dont know how true this. Personally I hope its not true but if it is then its better to be safe than sorry, these issues seem to be occurring more and more often. Hopefully its nothing too serious for him to have to retire

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I did hear a couple of days ago that Martin's issue/illness is actually to do with his heart and theres a chance he may have to retire but I dont know how true this. Personally I hope its not true but if it is then its better to be safe than sorry, these issues seem to be occurring more and more often. Hopefully its nothing too serious for him to have to retire

I really hope that's not true also!

Just had a look contrary to my last post regarding the strangeness in interest in vyds after the “golden boot”. The Last two winners were Chris Wood and Andre Gray. Chris Wood has a bumper move whilst Gray went up with Burnley. 

But, Vydra is the lowest scorer for the golden boot. Oh well the mystery will end soon. 

PS I hope the Martin “retirement” thing isn’t true, just for his family and career 

50 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Depends on which way you liook at it, he could finish with football all together tomorrow and still live a better life than some of us.

A richer life but not necessarily better.

What if he loves football? Like Barker did. What if he sees being retired before 30 with the rest of his life without purpose? 

55 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Really hope that’s not the case as I’m sure we all do. Hopefully unlikely as he has been involved in training and surely any heart related condition would prevent him from being involved at all??

5 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Really hope that’s not the case as I’m sure we all do. Hopefully unlikely as he has been involved in training and surely any heart related condition would prevent him from being involved at all??

All ive seen him do is light jogging work and then 1 to 1 with coaching staff which Lampard has mentioned he has his own programme. They tend to wear the monitoring vests so maybe they are seeing what results come from his training

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I hope the rumour about Martin isn’t true but it seems too random for it to not have some weight, you’d have to be a pretty sick individual to make up a rumour like that.

Thats what I thought when I got told, still hope its not true though

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I hope the rumour about Martin isn’t true but it seems too random for it to not have some weight, you’d have to be a pretty sick individual to make up a rumour like that.

Well there's lots of weirdos out there but #prayforChrissie

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Surely if there was a grain of truth in this the last thing DCFC would be doing is have him in for training, no matter how light that was.

Archived