Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon saying that Vydra's not travelling to Tenerife.

"For fitness reasons." ? sure.

Hadn't noticed the updates in the Tenerife thread, my bad.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Boro want £16m for Bamford apparently, still feel 11 is low but hey ho.

Apparently thats just the price they demanded from Forest, due to the fee Forest made them pay for Assombalonga. 

Can’t believe we can only get 11m for him, bit of a sad state of affairs that. Seriously dissapointing, but if they’re the only team in for him... Don’t like the sound if all this cost cutting tho, fearing a return to the GSE days of selling our best players every season, hope I’m wrong. Fair to say mels put a lot of money in so he’s entitled to reign it in but can’t help but feel we’d be in a better position if we had someone putting more money in in the background, it’s a tough investment for one man.

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just shockingly bad business if we sell the young and brilliant Golden Boot winner for half his worth, but we have form so nothing surprises me about the ineptitude of Derby's transfer dealings.

Goals are important, and should increase value, but people are overstating Vydra's value imo. 

James Maddison is being sold for £20m, but he was MOTM every other game. He bossed it. Vydra will never be worth that.
Goals are the only thing Vydra provided last season, he offers nothing else. So when he's not banging them in, like the season before, he's a waste. No player in that vein will ever be worth a huge sum unless their goal scoring record is something mad like 1:1.

Going for about the same fee as Bobby Reid is perfectly acceptable. I actually think Bobby Reid is a better player. I fully expect both deals to include potential add-ons too, so we'll likely profit further if Vydra does have a season like last.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t believe we can only get 11m for him, bit of a sad state of affairs that. Seriously dissapointing, but if they’re the only team in for him... Don’t like the sound if all this cost cutting tho, fearing a return to the GSE days of selling our best players every season, hope I’m wrong. Fair to say mels put a lot of money in so he’s entitled to reign it in but can’t help but feel we’d be in a better position if we had someone putting more money in in the background, it’s a tough investment for one man.

Old chinese proverb say, monkey who pisses up the wall will eventually piss on his own toes.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I can understand how you feel but I don't feel the same way about letting MV go as I did Will Hughes etc .He's goals but he doesn't contribute much else .Let him go and get some good loans in .

31 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

And do you piss on your toes,,,,? Lol

I do recall a certain inebriated evening when I may have done - and possibly those belonging to the bloke standing next to me at the urinals....

54 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I can understand how you feel but I don't feel the same way about letting MV go as I did Will Hughes etc .He's goals but he doesn't contribute much else .Let him go and get some good loans in .

Yeah I agree to an extent, Hughes was the irreplaceable genius so losing him was far harder than vydra, who whilst a class player in his role, is more replaceable. Think he does more than just score goals though, some of his interchanges were excellent last year too.

Archived