Expectations next season and beyond

Bris Vegas

My expectations centre on us playing a more attractive attacking game and taking a few risks, whether with line-ups, youngsters etc.

However, I really don't want us to end up in a relegation battle so I don't mind if we have to change and be  a bit more solid if we start to slide too far down the table.

I've just not enjoyed myself much this season - football should be fun. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd make 7 new signings this summer(including 3 loans)

Right back: Kyle-Walker Peters(loan)

Centre back: John Souttar

Left back: Jonas Knudsen

Centre midfielders: Palmer(loan), Glen Kamara

Winger: Marcus Maddison

Striker: Tammy Abraham(loan)

And this squad playing a 4-3-3:

Goalkeepers: Carson, Roos/Mitchell

Right backs: Kyle-walker peters, Bogle

Centre backs: Wisdom, Davies, Souttar, Pearce

Left backs: Knudsen, Lowe, Olsson(due to his injury)

Defensive midfielders: Huddlestone, Thorne, Hanson, Bird

Advanced midfielders(the 2 in front of the defensive midfielder): Kamara, Palmer, Elsnik, Guy

Wingers: Maddison, Lawrence, Weimann, Thomas

Strikers: Abraham, Jerome

To those who may say that Abraham is unlikely, I would disagree as his loan spell in the premier league did not go to plan so I cannot see a team in the premier league who would take a punt on him. Lampard as our manager would make us appealing to a chelsea player and we all saw what abraham can do in the championship.

To those who say this isn't affordable, the loan players would be funded alone by the release of Shackell, Bent and Baird. Then Souttar: 1-2 million, Knudsen: 1-2 million, Kamara: 2-4 million depending on demand, Maddison: 2 million(which he has been transfer listed for). Those signings would be funded alone by the sale of Vydra, who does not fit into a 4-3-3. Then to stay in line with financial fair play sell the likes of Johnson, Keogh, Ledley, Anya, Martin, Bryson, Nugent and Blackman- all of whom would have suitors for different reasons. Butterfield and Forsyth would be harder to shift so send them out of loan.

34 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I expect us to play in The Championship, not take either cup compilation seriously. Win some, lose some and listen to a lot of spin and crap from Morris. 

Same old really..

Always one that gets carried away at the start of each season, wish you would keep your feet on the ground, then you wouldn’t be so disappointed if it doesn’t turn out to be our year ?

Automatic and a Cup final, anything else is failure.

however flirting with the playoffs playing attacking exciting football, and beating the red dogs would do ?

I'm expecting total sex.

Sexy manager, sexy missus, sexy sponsors, sexy signings and sexy back room staff to boot.

Once he starts bringing through the sexy kids too, to push us beyond the 100+ point barrier, I'll be recalled to prison to finish my term, which will be sexy in a different way.

A push for the play-offs. 70 points minimum.

OK we may not romp the league, but we're Derby County, we're still very well funded, and we should be up there.

22 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Who's this guy? Are we linked with him? 

We were in February.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5486700/scunthorpe-winger-hakeeb-adelakun-chased-by-crystal-palace-derby-and-hull/

Finished as Scunthorpe's POTY I believe, 14 assists, 5 goals from a 21-year-old winger. Would be a class signing, especially as we desperately need width. 

Not so much what i expect but what i'd like is to see some exciting, attacking football with some pace and flair. Id also like to see some of our own acadamy products in the team too.

If I got the above id be happy with midtable but looking up rather than over our shoulder.

Definitely agree with the theory of a 3 year project, looking to reinvigorate the squad with young players & change to an attacking, entertaining style. Like the OP says, summer 2019 is a real opportunity for us to clear the decks & change the ethos of the club but the groundwork for that should start immediately.

That said, I do not agree that a flirt with relegation should be accepted under any circumstances. We have a number of very good Championship players & a very solid defence - for all the unrest this year, we finished 6th. The majority of the fans would not accept it, nor would Morris. 

What would be likely though would be a number of disjointed performances & poor results until things start to gel. To my mind, a top half finish with demonstrable progress in terms of re-shaping the squad would be a decent season, with playoffs an explicit aim in 2019/20

21 minutes ago, Moist One said:

my expectation is always the same. Play with integrity, and by that I mean "play to win".

Spot on.

There isn't an opponent at our level that we shouldn't be trying to beat, rather than not lose to.

My expectations this season were that we'd finish mid-table.

My expectations next season is that waves will be made regarding the organisation of the squad - and thus I've no idea where we'll finish. Could even get relegated for all I know. Probably top half though.

I think the best we can hope for is staying competitive to be in the top six whilst attempting to reduce wages and bring youngsters through. The likes of Bogle, Guy, Lowe and Elsnik i would like to see involved whilst we look to shift older players on big wages. I wouldnt mind the likes of Anya, Nugent, Martin, Keogh, Forsyth, Butterfield moved on if possible.

What i expect is this but not perfectly executed. Reckon we can expect at least a top half finish with maybe some dead wood moved on and one or two youngsters getting regular minutes.

For me its a transitional season that should be made interesting with the race for 6th. 

Promotion next season should be the target. Then consolidating premier league status the year after. A cup win within the next or three years then top 6 premier league at status. I think by 2022 premier league title winners and challenging for the Champions league and hopefully a champions league win and domestic double by 2024. These should be the aims. 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Avram literally reeks of sex.

avram-grant-444.jpg

Is there any truth to this rumour?

Surely his wage demands, on top of Sexy Frank, wouldn't be possible?

Although he's wearing a Macron coat, who are Forests new kit suppliers, so maybe he has fell that far?

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Is there any truth to this rumour?

I certainly hope so. Grant's vast experience would be invaluable to Super Frank... if not Grant then you'd hope an experienced head was coming in alongside Super Frank & Jody Morris.

Archived