Retained List Announced.

On 27/05/2018 at 14:36, Ghost of Clough said:

There are a few U18s players who don’t feature in this list for some reason. Does anyone know why?

Joe Fryatt, Russell Carter-Thompson, Cain Thomas, Jordan Mills, Jayden Thorne, Jack Haywood, Adam Davie. 

Unless I missed something, they should either be in the Jibodu or Wise groups. 

According to the latest EFL retained list most of them were still on our books 

k96vzq.jpg

But Jordan Mills currently signed for Redditch United from Evo-Stik South Premier league

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frankie Goes To Derby said:

According to the latest EFL retained list most of them were still on our books 

k96vzq.jpg

But Jordan Mills currently signed for Redditch United from Evo-Stik South Premier league

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Carter-Thompson, Mills and Thorne release then I guess

Fryatt’s gone.

8 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Under-18s players retained for third year scholarship: Henry Wise.

Well, shoot me. I never knew we had Henry Wise at the club - how long?

A long time. I'd struggle to put an exact date on it without investigation but I *think* he's been here for 5 years or so

Although, he might be the one who got released by someone else 3-4 years ago and then signed, I lose track with these footballers sons we have

On 25/06/2018 at 13:34, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Under-18s players retained for third year scholarship: Henry Wise.

Well, shoot me. I never knew we had Henry Wise at the club - how long?

Son of Dennis Wise. Picked up from QPR by Arsenal in 2015 but released at the end of his year long deal.  After that we signed him in 2016.

Dennis spoke about him last year. 

"Henry is at Derby now and it's a really good Academy. They've got Des Walker, Danny Holmes, Rory Delap, Justin Walker – really good coaches.

"He's a centre-midfielder – he can play and he's not as horrible as me, he's got a niceness about him. That's his mum's side! He loves it, absolutely loves it."

Whilst I was trying to find that I stumbled across the trivia that Lampards nephew, Stanley Skipper, is a 13 year old in Arsenal's youth system.

Also some quotes from Lamps about footballers needing to be playing first team football at 18 even if that's on loan.

11 hours ago, Rample said:

Whilst I was trying to find that I stumbled across the trivia that Lampards nephew, Stanley Skipper, is a 13 year old in Arsenal's youth system.

I’ve heard he’s sailing through their academy.

Archived