Loan players returning

Ramarena

Wonder what will happen with the senior players returning from loan?

bent and shacks will be released,

could Martin link up with mac again,

will Tel Aviv want Blackman, 

could we end up holding on to Bryson,

And Butterfield.......................well is there a ditch we can dump him in without getting caught fly tipping? 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could see Mac going in for Martin at QPR, would build his team around him,

Don’t see why Cardiff wouldn’t throw a mil or so at Bryson with the money they’ve got to spend,

From what I’ve heard Blackmans had a good season at tel aviv so wouldn’t be surprised to see him stay there,

And who is really gonna sign Butterfield after his pretty poor track record here and at Sheffield weds.

All players you'd have 5 years ago, but unfortunately times past them by and none are much cop nowadays.

I want to see the Butterfield from his Barnsley and early Huddersfield days if he returns, he can be a top player at this level. Seriously struggling either with confidence or something going on privately.

34 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm view of what we got for hughes and ince,id imagine that gary will manage to negotiate about twenty quid for the pair....they haven't exactly been given showroom status.

Does rowett deal with the transfer fee side of things? I agree the amount we got was poor, especially for young will I'm sure rowett is consulted but I wonder who makes that final call?

As for Martin and Bryson as a pair I'm not sure there's as much value as we'd hope. Bryson's done ok this season but he's on big wages and age isn't on his side which will depress his value.

Martin has struggled over the last few seasons (obviously there are reasons for this) so his stock isn't exactly high. 

The thing we could trade on is macs desire to get these players (if that was the case) but I doubt they'd bring in much more than £6-7m combined.

Assuming Vydra gets sold which is likely and we continue to play with one basically up front 

I believe Martin could easily step into that role behind Jerome and we would benefit from someone who can hold the ball up and pass the ball and score goals - because we need all of that 

Bryson - we desperately need that type of player but Cardiff may well take up thier option on him

blackman - if we are using Jerome you can see us using Blackman in the same way or just take the first offer that doesn’t cost us massively 

butterfield - he has left himselve in a no win situation but he is ours and we may well need to use him without any great enthusiasm 

elsnick - maybe we are hoping for to much but let’s try him

lowe  - highly thought of by Derby supporters and with Olson’s injury surly opportunity for game time next season with us after fleeting appearances fo Shrewsbury 

loans we have- 

winnall - I still can’t believe we are going to buy someone who is completely injured it’s just like another team buying Ollson right now - buy him if he wants to come when he is totally fit and the price is right

palmer - when we signed him I asked how he would get into the side the way we played ( and he was injured) he will return to Chelsea and look forward to another loan season somewhere else but in his 5-10 minute flashes he showed how much more he offered and how poor the others are at taking on opponents and using any pace from midfield 

10 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Does rowett deal with the transfer fee side of things? I agree the amount we got was poor, especially for young will I'm sure rowett is consulted but I wonder who makes that final call?

As for Martin and Bryson as a pair I'm not sure there's as much value as we'd hope. Bryson's done ok this season but he's on big wages and age isn't on his side which will depress his value.

Martin has struggled over the last few seasons (obviously there are reasons for this) so his stock isn't exactly high. 

The thing we could trade on is macs desire to get these players (if that was the case) but I doubt they'd bring in much more than £6-7m combined.

We would be lucky to get £7 mil for those 2.

No-one's mentioned Guy or Bennett yet.

Guy seems to have been one of our most successful loans and he has proved he is a strong performer at League One level. If one or more of the experienced midfielders leave I'd like to see him given a chance.

I don't think Bennett will ever make it at Derby - granted he's had terrible luck with injuries but he's never really progressed from being a physically precocious teenager. I feel he'd benefit from starting again at a League Two club where he'll play regularly if he stays fit and hopefully be a success.

clarkeram7

I think with Cardiff going up and Mac going to QPR it's a huge opportunity to cash in on Bryson and Martin. 

You'd argue Bryson played all season in a side that finished second we could barter up to around 1.5 million. 

Martin is still a player you'd maybe get near 2 million for? 

It'd put 3 million in the kitty without even needing to sell any first team players. That coupled with the release of Bent, Shackell and potentially Baird we'd free up some room for new recruits. Hopefully Blackman has done enough out there for us to recoup some of the ridiculous amount of money we've spent on him. The only one who'll he hard to shift will be Butterfield... Although after his comments in September, if I was he's agent I'd be begging teams to take him. 

Gary has an unbelievably hard job, I think people need to appreciate that. He has to generate money to buy and Vydra is our only real salable asset. It'd be nice to not be able to sell him and rebuild. He needs to be brave and transfer list some of the lads that give 100% just aren't good enough: Forsyth, Johnson and Weimann have had their opportunity now. Id even look at Thorne unless he steps up to the player he was a season or so ago. 

Even without those players we still have a very strong first 11, I'd imagine we'd be able to add Winnall to that. Thomas, Guy, Elsnik, Bennett, Bogle and Lowe are more than capable of filling squad spaces and blooding a few into the 11.

Lets be brave and optimistic x

I'd be amazed if Cardiff signed Bryson on a permanent basis. Promotion on his CV would make him more attractive to Championship teams, though. Don't think he fits with the systems we play, not a chance is he a defensive midfielder.

Martin also doesn't fit, and he could prove very difficult to shift without losing money. Mac might be interested, but will QPR be able to pay his fee and wages?

Blackman seems to have made an impact out in Israel, might see a £1m-£2m in for him, last year of contract though?

Butterfield will be a concern, no confidence, no form.

Hope the youth players get their chances. Particularly Timi Max Elsnik. 

11 hours ago, Ramarena said:

We'll do well to get half that.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'd be amazed if Cardiff signed Bryson on a permanent basis. Promotion on his CV would make him more attractive to Championship teams, though. Don't think he fits with the systems we play, not a chance is he a defensive midfielder.

Martin also doesn't fit, and he could prove very difficult to shift without losing money. Mac might be interested, but will QPR be able to pay his fee and wages?

Blackman seems to have made an impact out in Israel, might see a £1m-£2m in for him, last year of contract though?

Butterfield will be a concern, no confidence, no form.

Hope the youth players get their chances. Particularly Timi Max Elsnik. 

Tin hat, but I'd like to see Blackman given a full chance in his proper position, even more so if (when) Vydra leaves.

Archived