ST Money Back & “the bet”....

REDCAR

Someone came up with a rather clever idea about putting a bet on Derby not going up.... has anyone actually asked a bookie the question?

Is it really a “no lose” situation??

This is obviously in relation to the early bird season ticket renewal and the money back offer from MM.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Someone came up with a rather clever idea about putting a bet on Derby not going up.... has anyone actually asked a bookie the question?

Is it really a “no lose” situation??

This is obviously in relation to the early bird season ticket renewal and the money back offer from MM.

Just put one on derby to go up...double win.

3 minutes ago, deano180 said:

If we get to the final I will lay Derby, will study prices and bet correct amount to guarantee a half price ST regardless of result. 

I pay for 4 STs, just worth hedging IMO.

Yep my thoughts too.

Why be greedy, can watch next year in either division half price, in my case £490 win (saving), just needs Monday to come in first ?

So will a bookie accept the bet of “for Derby not to go up”...?

Woukd imagine decent odds and well worth £100.

If they do go up, I lose the bet but Mel pays me £750 back!!!

Have I got it right!? Lol

Sith Happens
Just now, Redcar said:

I could lose that though, betting not to go up you can’t lose.

You can, you have the knowledge you bet against your team.

3 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Won't be decent odds at all as we're the outsiders of the 4.

You need to wait for the final and bet on the opposition to win promotion (NOT to win in 90 mins) but it still won't be as easy as the QPR game - we were favourites for that, this year we'd likely be the underdog in a final so you'd be backing the odds on favourite.

If it's £750 you need then you'd likely have to stick £400 on the opponent to get promoted. 

10 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Looking at one sight they only have the outright winner of the playoffs, and we are 10/3, the least favourite, Fulham are still favourites at 9/4, Villa are 5/2 and Boro 11/4.

The odds on Derby not being promoted are not going to be worth it if you want the full amount (£100 on us to get promoted will render you £433.33 and to not get promoted will be less than that).

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Looking at one sight they only have the outright winner of the playoffs, and we are 10/3, the least favourite, Fulham are still favourites at 9/4, Villa are 5/2 and Boro 11/4.

The odds on Derby not being promoted are not going to be worth it if you want the full amount (£100 on us to get promoted will render you £433.33 and to not get promoted will be less than that).

Derby NOT to be promoted would be around 1/10... so around a tenner... he needs to wait for the possible final, only then it becomes a worthwhile bet.

20 minutes ago, Redcar said:

To give you an example Fulham were 9/4 on to beat us over two legs before the game and Derby were 7/4 against.  Looking at the odds now after the game both teams are 6/5 on to progress through to the final so realistically if you back Derby NOT to win the playoffs in their entirety given this then the odds you will get will be pretty poor tbh and you'd have go lay a lot of money to make any significant winnings. 

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Derby NOT to be promoted would be around 1/10... so around a tenner... he needs to wait for the possible final, only then it becomes a worthwhile bet.

Just done the maths using your odds... I works out at 1/6 for us NOT to be promoted @rynny

Archived