ST Money Back & “the bet”....

REDCAR

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Yep my thoughts too.

Why be greedy, can watch next year in either division half price, in my case £490 win (saving), just needs Monday to come in first ?

Must back other side to 'Qualify' or whatever terminology used by specific bookie as normal WLD is over 90 mins only 

24 minutes ago, deano180 said:

Must back other side to 'Qualify' or whatever terminology used by specific bookie as normal WLD is over 90 mins only 

Absolutely.

I’d see if Villa or Boro in the final were say 10/11 on maybe. Would mean putting on around £495 to “make” a profit of £450.

If Derby beat them in the final with Mels promise it would be a similarish return.

That is a good hedge for me and would halve my tickets cost, whoever won and whatever league we are playing in.

Its not gambling at all!

I was going to take this bet when we were in second place, when odds for Derby not to go up would have been at their best. Having spent £1500 on season tickets I was contemplating placing £1000 on the bet, but I dithered and dithered and Derbys form collapsed,  therefore diminishing the odds (I imagine).

Kicking myself now for my prolonged dithering.

There is no point doing it now , only if we get to the final. If say it was Villa they would be favourites but would still get a reasonable return like 8/10 so if you bet £200 you would make £160 profit. I just see it as a hedge not a gamble.

Archived