18/19 Summer Transfers

Day

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I went on your lcfc forum earlier after the Maguire “news” broke that he still hopes to join Man Utd before the deadline tomorrow according to sky sources and a lot of users mentioned the sky bet thing . I first came across the rumour when we played Man Utd a few years. I snooped on their Redcafe forum to see their views before the game and came across a thread of the sky bet- sky sources rumour.

I’ve been interested ever since because more people seem to be mentioning it , you just have to see on the comments on the twitter feeds whenever sky sources come up with ridiculous rumours and their journalists, especially Kaveh, blocks anyone who mentions it. If it does have any truth, there must be some loophole that they’re using because many people have complained to ofcom about what they’re allegedly doing but nothing has been done. 

I'm surprised they are allowed to have a sports "news" channel and own a betting company, I would have though there would be laws against that, the summer we hired Claudio there was a new "favorite" based off of sky sources as to who we would hire every day, Claudio, the eventual appointee was never mentioned.

Dorsett at least seems to have genuine sources though he's not as credible as John Percy in the Telegraph, when he speaks you can pretty much take it as a club statement

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

then he should get new sources

they won't touch him, he is wrong pretty much all the time

But his sources are probably poo-stirring agents. When it comes to football transfers it's the journalists job to report on what they are told, regardless of whether the information is right or not. 

Journalists get called on all the time. But it seems some people don't quite grasp the proper story behind it.

I lost some brain cells after reading this comment on that Chelsea tweet. Emoji Tourettes

His bio reads “Proud Real Madrid and Juventus supporter ever since Ronaldo came. Former Barcelona and Liverpool fan. Advocate for the Trump 2020 movement. Billionaire.”

I suppose if you’re going to troll them, you better do it properly and seeing the replies, he caught a few there.

“Sky sources” aka the work experience kid who is searching for the highest rated defenders on Fifa has now stated that Man Utd want Diego Godin. 

Sad to see how far Sky Sports have sunk. They used to be bang on with everything about 10 years ago but now they are no better than the newspaper click bait rags. Linking Man Utd with every defender knowing that it will keep viewers glued to the TV and for extra ad revenue, despite Mourinho stating in his press conference earlier that he doesn’t think that any transfer business will be done. Clever tactics because Man Utd have the biggest fan base but immoral to do in my opinion.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

“Sky sources” aka the work experience kid who is searching for the highest rated defenders on Fifa has now stated that Man Utd want Diego Godin. 

Sad to see how far Sky Sports have sunk. They used to be bang on with everything about 10 years ago but now they are no better than the newspaper click bait rags. Linking Man Utd with every defender knowing that it will keep viewers glued to the TV and for extra ad revenue, despite Mourinho stating in his press conference earlier that he doesn’t think that any transfer business will be done. Clever tactics because Man Utd have the biggest fan base but immoral to do in my opinion.

It’s been said that it was Godin’s representative who contacted United telling them he could be available.

United then enquired, forcing Atletico to push along a new contract with a wage-hike.

All the work of agents. They know how to play the game.

28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s been said that it was Godin’s representative who contacted United telling them he could be available.

United then enquired, forcing Atletico to push along a new contract with a wage-hike.

All the work of agents. They know how to play the game.

That was earlier this week as per the BBC and nothing came from it other than Godin’s new proposed contract.  Sky sports mentioned nothing of it earlier this week but simply mentioned it today to drum up interest in their deadline day programme from Man Utd fans(their biggest fan base) by suggesting that there was a possibility that it could happen, despite fully knowing it was never going to happen as it had already been sorted out. 

Archived