18/19 Summer Transfers

Day

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs owner Daniel Levy thought he was playing a blinder by waiting on Grealish, hoping Villa’s money troubles would prompt them to sell on the cheap the nearer we get to deadline day.

What he evidently didn’t see coming was Villa’s new influx of money, and now it seems they don’t need to sell. Instead of going down, his price is going up the closer we get to deadline day.

Kovacic to Chelsea on loan could be the signing of the summer, a very good talent, although it could mean that Chelsea’s midfield will be a bit too defensive with Kante and Jorginho too. Surprised that Man City weren’t in for him as he’s a better player than Fernandinho in my opinion.

Thing is journalists report on what they are told by their sources.

I could be wrong, but I’m fairly sure they don’t just make football reports up while they’re lying in bed at night. 

If it was a case of doing that, then why employ journalists? I’m pretty sure Joe Blogs off the street would gladly receive just 10% of what say Pete O’Rourke earns just to throw random football rumours out there.

But here is the key. Journalists write and report what they are told. What they are told isn’t always true.

Agents and players management teams aren’t stupid. It’s all about money. By contacting journalists to report a story, however false it may be, is almost always to the benefit of the player (ie forcing a move or getting a new contract) or the club (starting a bidding war for a player or ‘tapping up’ a potential signing).

Then why does this Kaveh Solhekol take himself so seriously ? Watched him about half an hour ago giving it all ITK when actually, everything he came out with was speculation, no facts or definites, just filling screen time with the kind of piffle anybody down the pub could come out with. Eejit.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Then why does this Kaveh Solhekol take himself so seriously ? Watched him about half an hour ago giving it all ITK when actually, everything he came out with was speculation, no facts or definites, just filling screen time with the kind of piffle anybody down the pub could come out with. Eejit.

Self-entitled sense of importance probably. Some just want to shout the loudest and make a name for themselves.

Sky Sports will probably dump him soon. And then one of the other rags like the Mirror, Sun, Express or Daily Star can pick him up.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Thing is journalists report on what they are told by their sources.

I could be wrong, but I’m fairly sure they don’t just make football reports up while they’re lying in bed at night. 

If it was a case of doing that, then why employ journalists? I’m pretty sure Joe Blogs off the street would gladly receive just 10% of what say Pete O’Rourke earns just to throw random football rumours out there.

But here is the key. Journalists write and report what they are told. What they are told isn’t always true.

Agents and players management teams aren’t stupid. It’s all about money. By contacting journalists to report a story, however false it may be, is almost always to the benefit of the player (ie forcing a move or getting a new contract) or the club (starting a bidding war for a player or ‘tapping up’ a potential signing).

then he should get new sources

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Self-entitled sense of importance probably. Some just want to shout the loudest and make a name for themselves.

Sky Sports will probably dump him soon. And then one of the other rags like the Mirror, Sun, Express or Daily Star can pick him up.

they won't touch him, he is wrong pretty much all the time

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

that Kevah gimp gets his info from the chief exec of Skybet

never any quotes always just "Sky sources"

I went on your lcfc forum earlier after the Maguire “news” broke that he still hopes to join Man Utd before the deadline tomorrow according to sky sources and a lot of users mentioned the sky bet thing . I first came across the rumour when we played Man Utd a few years. I snooped on their Redcafe forum to see their views before the game and came across a thread of the sky bet- sky sources rumour.

I’ve been interested ever since because more people seem to be mentioning it , you just have to see on the comments on the twitter feeds whenever sky sources come up with ridiculous rumours and their journalists, especially Kaveh, blocks anyone who mentions it. If it does have any truth, there must be some loophole that they’re using because many people have complained to ofcom about what they’re allegedly doing but nothing has been done. 

Archived