Playoff experience

Ramarena

When you look through the list of players in our squad there is a large number that have had a taste of the these high pressure playoff games whether as winners or losers.

We may have old legs, but hopefully our squad contains a lot of wise heads who have the know how to get the results we need. Obviously there's the players from our recent playoff defeats but the more recent arrivals have a wealth of experience too. 

Play-off winning experience

Palmer

Johnson

Jerome

Davies

Hudds

Play-offs experience

Keogh

Thorne 

Fozzy

Weimann

Wisdom

Olsson

Carson

Baird

Nugent

I quite like the playoff winning spine of the team with Davies, Hudds and hopefully a fit and in form Jerome!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it just me that thinks this sort of think is a load of old tosh?!

I could list at least 11 players who have experienced losing against Fulham at Pride Park this season.

Counts for very little in my opinion.

Agreed ,can't be arsed to check but some of the winners could have been in other losing playoffs .Rowetts been in two playoffs and lost both does that count?

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I could list at least 11 players who have experienced losing against Fulham at Pride Park this season.

Experience counts so yes it’s just u lol

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

A genuinely interesting line from Scott Minto:

"...Derby looking like they are now inspired and not destroyed by their fans after scoring seven goals in the last two home games".

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

"...Derby looking like they are now inspired and not destroyed by their fans after scoring seven goals in the last two home games".

That was the line that struck me most too. Says something about perceptions, that does.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

As a comparison, can we have a list of Fulham players as well??

Playoff winning experience

Playoff experince

Bettinelli

Fredericks

Sessegnon

Odoi

McDonald

Kebano

Johansen

Cairney 

Ayité

Ream

Christie

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really? 

Do you not think have played in high pressure games in the past gives you an edge over the players that haven't? (Provided those players may be more likely to suffer with nerves.) I don't think it's a huge advantage, but I do think it may give a small edge, and that could be enough sometimes. That's why I think we lost at Wembley vs QPR, experience vs naivety.  

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

its two or three cup finals now .... anything could happen .... roll the dice time

His article captures that.

20 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Playoff winning experience

Playoff experince

Bettinelli

Fredericks

Sessegnon

Odoi

McDonald

Kebano

Johansen

Cairney 

Ayité

Ream

Christie

McDonald went up with Burnley in 2009. Didn't play much in the play-offs but neither did Palmer for Huddersfield in theirs.

44 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Really? 

Do you not think have played in high pressure games in the past gives you an edge over the players that haven't? (Provided those players may be more likely to suffer with nerves.) I don't think it's a huge advantage, but I do think it may give a small edge, and that could be enough sometimes. That's why I think we lost at Wembley vs QPR, experience vs naivety.  

No, I think it's just a cliché. 

Archived