Matej Vydra 17/18 Championship Top Goalscorer

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thrilled for him. He has amazing technique and can kick the ball harder than anyone I've seen since Bruce Rioch. A wonderful turbo boost too. If we go up he has the ability to score in the Prem.

Let's hope that before the end of the playoff campaign, his goals tally has risen to 30. I'd take that!

Interview with Rowett in the post-match show confirmed he had "a face like thunder" yesterday when he was told he wasn't starting ? 

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

Must be due an international recall soon? Can't imagine they have much better?

Sadly for Vydra they do, including Patrick Schick who plays for Roma. He’d have a greater chance if he was scoring in the premier league.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sadly for Vydra they do, including Patrick Schick who plays for Roma. He’d have a greater chance if he was scoring in the premier league.

Must admit national football is something I take very little interest in, just had a quick Wikipedia search and vydra's got 5 in 19 for them... that's not bad! Hopefully we get up and he gets back in.

42 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What a player, think he just about made a case to start when he came on today! Skillfull, quick and intelligent, hope we can hold onto him!

Holding on will be easy, IF we get up.

Mind 3 big games potentially could decide a fair few players future not just Matej.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Interview with Rowett in the post-match show confirmed he had "a face like thunder" yesterday when he was told he wasn't starting ? 

Yeah, he has got to be wondering what more he needs to do to get in the starting lineup.

Matej:  I'm the top scorer in the league boss, with less playing time than most of my rivals and I'm also quite good at chipping in with assists. Am I playing today?

GR:  That's the bench...go sit on it.

Bizarre, but hey, it worked today.  I really hope he starts against Fulham.

4 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Yeah, he has got to be wondering what more he needs to do to get in the starting lineup.

Matej:  I'm the top scorer in the league boss, with less playing time than most of my rivals and I'm also quite good at chipping in with assists. Am I playing today?

GR:  That's the bench...go sit on it.

Bizarre, but hey, it worked today.  I really hope he starts against Fulham.

He had a run of games before he started being benched where he started, spent the first half being kicked by the opposition and then had to come off around 60mins.

I think GR has decided he's more likely to influence the game coming on against tired players. To be fair, it seems to be working. Vydra looks like he's had a new lease on life in the games where he's started on the bench. 

I don't know what he'll do in the Play-Offs, but I certainly don't fault his decisions regarding Vydra in the last 3 games. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He had a run of games before he started being benched where he started, spent the first half being kicked by the opposition and then had to come off around 60mins.

I think GR has decided he's more likely to influence the game coming on against tired players. To be fair, it seems to be working. Vydra looks like he's had a new lease on life in the games where he's started on the bench. 

I don't know what he'll do in the Play-Offs, but I certainly don't fault his decisions regarding Vydra in the last 3 games. 

Fully agree - Lawrence & Weimann have done nothing wrong & are working well with the space Jerome  is now creating with his running. Those 2 make us more solid & difficult to beat but him coming off the bench can give us a lift & make us more attacking if required. Vydra gets more room & is more effective when the game becomes stretched - I’d start him on the bench against Fulham.

18 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Judging by Vydra's 'face of thunder', Matej doesn't agree with you.  But then, no player is going to be happy being benched.

Archived