Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens
15 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Getting invited to a wedding.  Bad enough at the best of times but when it is bang in the middle of when you hoped to go on holiday it makes it worse.

Weddings can be a nightmare...if you know the person well and their friends / family they can be a great day out, but if you are one of the distant circle of friends, you hardly know anyone, get sat with people you dont know, which sometimes is ok but often you would rather not know them - looking at the time thinking when is appropriate time to go...

Then you check the fixtures calender and derby are at home...double nightmare. We had exactly the same situation a couple of years back..didnt want to go, it depends how often you see the said person, but a card polietly decling with out having to give a reason is the best way.

32 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Do you think I need to lose weight?

Are you happy to cover my shift this weekend ?

She's not attractive is she? 

You don't mind if we have a chat tonight?

Hey, you've not seen the photos of my kids..Would you like to see them?

You got a death wish!!

Haha, now you put it like that Chester.........:o

Bloody bottles sealed with wax. It's just taken me 10 minutes to chip away the seal before I could enjoy the delicious Habanero Sauce contained within.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

Bloody bottles sealed with wax. It's just taken me 10 minutes to chip away the seal before I could enjoy the delicious Habanero Sauce contained within.

Hot water, softens the wax and peels away a lot easier, use that to open my over proof tequila that are sealed with a quarter inch of the stuff.

English Heritage.

Joined over the summer. Now it's winter. Most places are only open weekends if that. I like to visit places often on some weekdays as weekends aren't always convenient.

Effectively I'm paying a years subs for half a years use.

Probably worth it though in the long run. Bolsover Castle costs nearly 30 quid walk up for a family of three. You see my point.

Just a bit annoyed at the midweek closures.

42 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

being employed sometimes :)

Yes, so far I have had 45 years employed and 1 year sick - and the year off sick was preferable to some of the periods of employment, but there you go.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes, so far I have had 45 years employed and 1 year sick - and the year off sick was preferable to some of the periods of employment, but there you go.

I haven't managed that but had 29 years employed only to be made redundant last year...I am working again now but won't deny I loved my 5 months off through the summer months.

56 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Gary Lineker for me.

Çhannel 5 coverage of the Championship and Leagues 1 & 2 is utter garbage. The presenters have absolutely no skills other than an ability to read an idiot board and as for the 'studio guests' - they sit there like zombies. For all its' faults, MotD remains streets ahead for highlights presentation, particularly now they appear to have dumped Mark 'everything I say has to be funny' Lawrenson. 

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Çhannel 5 coverage of the Championship and Leagues 1 & 2 is utter garbage. The presenters have absolutely no skills other than an ability to read an idiot board and as for the 'studio guests' - they sit there like zombies. For all its' faults, MotD remains streets ahead for highlights presentation, particularly now they appear to have dumped Mark 'everything I say has to be funny' Lawrenson. 

Did you see the show when it first aired though? Crikey that was more wooden than Sherwood Forest! It was barely watchable. It's improved but agree, it's pretty bad. They should just do away with the presenters and just show the goals.

5 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Gary Lineker for me.

Yes Tony I agree..Lineker and Manish, both biased Leicester ***** but at least the former has played the game, not sure what the later has done to qualify for the role..

Gotta agree about the Championship coverage on channel 5 aswell, though it has improved slightly from the embarrassing first season.

19 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

When your poo-routine goes out of kilter and you end up having to go at work every day instead of the comfort of your own throne

I prefer to go at work.  There's a lovely spacious disabled loo that nobody except me uses, where I can gather my thoughts and not have to listen to blokes who believe the louder the bowel movements, the manlier they are.