Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

11 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I wouldn't give to any charity who doorstep collect. In fact I did stop contributing to one purely because of this reason. Don't agree with it. Turning up on your doorstep effectively begging for money. It's wrong.

Same here. Never, ever give any personal details to a doorstep caller as well.

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I agree, EE collared me twice in Argos yesterday and the AA do it a lot at supermarkets.  These are massive brands but I think the approach leaves them looking amateurish and desperate.

Agree. I don't mind them having a presence at all. It's the approach that I find intrusive. For example, at the bottom of the escalators in our Tesco you always get someone with a stand such as AA or something or other.

Not a problem. The problem is being asked questions by them when you've just got off the escalator with your shopping or having leaflets shoved in your face.

It's the big organisations now. It's become big business to try and get money and custom from people.

IMO though such tactics undermines the integrity of the organization and out of principle I will not give / ever be a customer and I'll recommend friends and family not to either.

They aren't that fussed anyway, they'll always get others by these methods who apparently don't seem to mind.

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Agree. I don't mind them having a presence at all. It's the approach that I find intrusive. For example, at the bottom of the escalators in our Tesco you always get someone with a stand such as AA or something or other.

Not a problem. The problem is being asked questions by them when you've just got off the escalator with your shopping or having leaflets shoved in your face.

It's the big organisations now. It's become big business to try and get money and custom from people.

IMO though such tactics undermines the integrity of the organization and out of principle I will not give / ever be a customer and I'll recommend friends and family not to either.

They aren't that fussed anyway, they'll always get others by these methods who apparently don't seem to mind.

Agree its annoying, I just say no thankyou and move on. What I would say is these people are doing their job as outlined by their bosses and company. As i know personally jobs are still not that easy to come by, so give a little thought for them. They could probably put a post on here along the lines of I was told to eff off x amount of times today when im just doing my job.

As always its not the bosses who get the flack its the folk at the front end in any business.

This isnt one for me but a close relative who has just gone away on holiday....they were delayed 3 hours because a couple of passengers were 'very' late turning up to get on the plane they had checked in for and had luggage loaded on the plane....

How on earth can this happen? Who doesnt keep an eye on the announcements? you know when you are supposed to be boarding..its hardly rocket science. Probably in the bar getting smashed....so a very selfish act spoils the start to a holiday for hundreds of people and no doubt has a knock on effect to hundreds more as they deal with the delays at the other end.

Should just offload them and their luggage.

10 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I agree, EE collared me twice in Argos yesterday and the AA do it a lot at supermarkets.  These are massive brands but I think the approach leaves them looking amateurish and desperate.

In the words of zammo and the rest of the grange hill cast, when they approach you just say no and walk on. Ignore the feckers

11 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

What annoys me is the sarcastic, mocking  way they say 'Have a nice day' as you walk away.

On 12/18/2016 at 08:49, Paul71 said:

Agree its annoying, I just say no thankyou and move on. What I would say is these people are doing their job as outlined by their bosses and company. As i know personally jobs are still not that easy to come by, so give a little thought for them. They could probably put a post on here along the lines of I was told to eff off x amount of times today when im just doing my job.

As always its not the bosses who get the flack its the folk at the front end in any business.

I do actually pity the people doing such a soul-destroying job. As such I am always courteous to them and don't have it in me to give them my rejection so I just say I'm already with them.

"East Midlands woman upset by Berlin lorry attack" First headline on East Midlands today this morning.

Local news looking for any tenous link to a major news story so they can jump on the bandwagon and tell you exactly what you've just seen once already on the national news.

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

"East Midlands woman upset by Berlin lorry attack" First headline on East Midlands today this morning.

Local news looking for any tenous link to a major news story so they can jump on the bandwagon and tell you exactly what you've just seen once already on the national news.

That bothers me as well.  If East Midlands today can't see a news item out of the window of their studios they just take the approach of creating a Nottingham link to an international new story.

'The plane that crashed in [insert far away country] once flew over Nottingham.'

'Man who committed [insert heinous crime] in [insert far away country] once watched Robin of Sherwood on the TV.

Are probable examples of this.

Something that annoys me at this time of the year is when people are talking about their time off over Christmas and say something along the lines of, 'I have only had to book 3 days off this year and I am off for 10 days, its fell really well this year'.

It works like that every year (if you work a 5 day week).  5 days take away 2 bank holidays = 3 day.

Stupid people.

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Something that annoys me at this time of the year is when people are talking about their time off over Christmas and say something along the lines of, 'I have only had to book 3 days off this year and I am off for 10 days, its fell really well this year'.

It works like that every year (if you work a 5 day week).  5 days take away 2 bank holidays = 3 day.

Stupid people.

It depends how you look at it...so if christmas day falls on a sunday...which it does, you take 3 days giving you 10 consecutive days off (saturday 24th through to monday the 2nd inclusive), yet if christmas day falls on say a tuesday, you would only get 8 consecutive days off with your 3 days. But you dont actually gain anything as such you are right. Actually christmas eve and new years eve falling on a weekend sometimes costs people as some companies give you half a day for one or the other or both, but if they arent on a working day you dont always get that. My previous company always gave half a day for both but you didnt get if when it fell on a weekend, my new company give us half a day friday 23rd so thats generous of them.

Just to add where i used to work years a go i worked a 5 and a half day week (saturday mornings) so when christmas day, boxing day or new years day fell on a saturday it was great as they couldnt really ask us to work them but we also got the bank holiday carried over to the monday.

On 11/14/2016 at 14:16, scarboroughwa said:

People throwing cigarette butts out of their car at the lights, or elsewhere for that matter.

How many times have I envisioned getting out of my car, picking that butt up off the road, knocking on the window, and sticking that thing up your nose.

You may be pleased to know I did just that.Taxi driver pulled up just outside my house and threw a cigarette out of the window ,I picked it up knocked his window and when open just chucked it in with a don't drop litter in my street mouthful.

Have to say I did enjoy him jumping around trying to get his lit stub out of his car .

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

You may be pleased to know I did just that.Taxi driver pulled up just outside my house and threw a cigarette out of the window ,I picked it up knocked his window and when open just chucked it in with a don't drop litter in my street mouthful.

Have to say I did enjoy him jumping around trying to get his lit stub out of his car .

You should have reported him to his company too, smoking in the workplace is illegal.

Christmas telly.

Just had a rifle through the tv guide and it's truly shocking.

Hundreds of channels and still nowt worth watching.

Like that most nights really.

Anyone seen anything they will be not missing on telly this Christmas? If so please do enlighten me and if I'm swayed I may give it a try.

16 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Christmas telly.

Anyone seen anything they will be not missing on telly this Christmas? If so please do enlighten me and if I'm swayed I may give it a try.

Similar to this but this years Christmas Radio Times started on 17/12 and ends on 30/12.  Doesn't even reach new year!

16 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Christmas telly.

Christmas TV just isnt the same anymore anyway. With all the channels we have, TV on demand etc it never is going to be, years ago it was good to see what the big movies were etc....when it was ages before you could see a movie on video etc.

There is nothing really new anymore.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Christmas TV just isnt the same anymore anyway. With all the channels we have, TV on demand etc it never is going to be, years ago it was good to see what the big movies were etc....when it was ages before you could see a movie on video etc.

There is nothing really new anymore.

Forest making a push for the play-offs? That would be new!

The huge scale of the low to medium level drugs trade. Huge because it has to be. Every week there is a story of canabis  farms, heroin dealers  and what have you. Not a single penny of tax is paid. What we see are the few that get caught.  I don't know the extent of seizures of assets and how they get re distributed but I would really like to see a serious crackdown aimed at confiscating assets and putting that money to good use within the locality. Need city Christmas lights ? Need a new park warden, need some more council elderly care provision. There is ample money available to fund these by asset confiscation from those engaged in criminal activity.