Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

16 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Mobility scooters ,half the people don't need em and they drive around on the pavements and don't give a toss who they run over .One old boy on Friday nearly took my grandson out, needless to say if he had touched him he would be looking for another plane to live on . 

Too right. People get lazier I swear. 

Makes me wonder when you read things like holiday reviews and people put that their room or hotel was too far away but it turns out its like 10 minute walk. 

I always use stairs even if there is a lift, elevator (within reason of course).

I know I've posted it before but our old local, we used to go on a Friday and this fella always came in, not that old maybe mid 60's. Had a mobility scooter, left it outside limped to the bar. 2 hours later a few beers inside him he was busting moves like john travolta in Saturday night fevet., then would pile back on scooter and drive home.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Makes me wonder when you read things like holiday reviews and people put that their room or hotel was too far away but it turns out its like 10 minute walk. 

I always use stairs even if there is a lift, elevator (within reason of course).

I know I've posted it before but our old local, we used to go on a Friday and this fella always came in, not that old maybe mid 60's. Had a mobility scooter, left it outside limped to the bar. 2 hours later a few beers inside him he was busting moves like john travolta in Saturday night fevet., then would pile back on scooter and drive home.

He done wrote a song about it!

https://abdoujaparov.bandcamp.com/track/beer-scooter

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Mobility scooters ,half the people don't need em and they drive around on the pavements and don't give a toss who they run over .One old boy on Friday nearly took my grandson out, needless to say if he had touched him he would be looking for another plane to live on . 

Once in Huddersfield ASDA a lazy fatty tried to get into one of the shop provided mobility scooters and drive off.  They hadn't realised it was plugged in and it went bang!  I think they lost some of their significant weight in that few seconds.

9 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Never go to Benidorm, they have two person version's where the woman drives, while the bloke sits at the back with a pint and a woodbine deciding where to stop off next!

Quick dance on the tables, then off to the next stop.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Insurance companies, and how they cannot get anything right.

Funnily enough, earlier I discovered Hastings have been taking two DDs out the past two months despite the fact I (should) only have one policy with them.  They'll be getting a mouthful at lunch and agreeing to refund the 80 quid they now owe me.  Chancers!!!

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Funnily enough, earlier I discovered Hastings have been taking two DDs out the past two months despite the fact I (should) only have one policy with them.  They'll be getting a mouthful at lunch and agreeing to refund the 80 quid they now owe me.  Chancers!!!

I'm now in a battle with the insurance department of a well known car hire company that have registered me as "at fault" with the Claims and Underwriting Exchange, even though they know the 3rd party that smashed the side of me on a roundabout, trying to go right, from the left lane, admitted liability and refunded my excess!

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm now in a battle with the insurance department of a well known car hire company that have registered me as "at fault" with the Claims and Underwriting Exchange, even though they know the 3rd party that smashed the side of me on a roundabout, trying to go right, from the left lane, admitted liability and refunded my excess!

An old dear who was driving a Merc went into the side of my brother's van at the bottom of Friargate a few years ago, completely her fault and she admitted as such when it happened.  They exchanged details and she promised to sort it.  A few weeks later, he got a letter from her insurance firm accepting no responsibility and advising him to pay immediately.  It turns out, her husband was paying in insurance and the company was accepting HIS version of the events even though he wasn't involved in the accident!!!  Ridiculous...

97% of personal lines Insurance is paid out, any grievance with Insurance companies should be dealt with by the Insurer in a timely manner (T&C's) and to a satisfactory conclusion, all FCA registered companies should be abiding by "The Treating Customers Fairly" (PRIN), regarding accidents, always ask witnesses for an account of the accident, take photos of the vehicles when the accident occurred ensuring you take road signage to argue your case, I would also note the time the accident happened, rising number of accidents are by drivers messing about with phones, if the accident is severe the Police would check if the phone is active within your timeframe, this would save you defending your corner :p

thank God I don't insure anyone now, moaning ******** :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Insurance companies, and how they cannot get anything right.

I have worked in insurance and would never again, customers buying and using insurance are very difficult to please..mainly because its a product no one wants to pay for, and most consider that insurance companies are only trying to rip them off or avoid paying claims.

I can safely say, and i have no allegiance to any insurer anymore, that the majority of problems are caused by customers, insurers do not set out to try and avoid paying claims etc, unfortunately customers give them ample reason by failing to disclose relevant information when purchasing a policy, the reasons i have had given me for non-disclosure range from customers just forgetting through to ridiculous reasons, we used to ask them to put it in writing and i remember one guy actually stating in his letter the reason he failed to declare his motoring conviction history was because it would make his insurance more money, but he still maintained we were ripping him off by not paying.

Of course insurers do make mistakes and I have seen that happen, but by and large the majority of customers buy a policy, make a claims with no problems, but because insurance isnt something people like to buy you dont hear about that, but you do hear about the things that go wrong, same as many businesses i guess.

The problem is its one of those things you pay for year in year out and most people dont use that often to claim on so its seen as dead money.

When i worked in sales and claims  i got very disillusioned when working with the public, i guess when people decide to take it out on you because your insurance has gone up, or a claim isnt going as they want, and those funny quips they come out with that you have heard only a thousand times before you start to get fed up.

20 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I have worked in insurance and would never again, customers buying and using insurance are very difficult to please..mainly because its a product no one wants to pay for, and most consider that insurance companies are only trying to rip them off or avoid paying claims.

I can safely say, and i have no allegiance to any insurer anymore, that the majority of problems are caused by customers, insurers do not set out to try and avoid paying claims etc, unfortunately customers give them ample reason by failing to disclose relevant information when purchasing a policy, the reasons i have had given me for non-disclosure range from customers just forgetting through to ridiculous reasons, we used to ask them to put it in writing and i remember one guy actually stating in his letter the reason he failed to declare his motoring conviction history was because it would make his insurance more money, but he still maintained we were ripping him off by not paying.

Of course insurers do make mistakes and I have seen that happen, but by and large the majority of customers buy a policy, make a claims with no problems, but because insurance isnt something people like to buy you dont hear about that, but you do hear about the things that go wrong, same as many businesses i guess.

The problem is its one of those things you pay for year in year out and most people dont use that often to claim on so its seen as dead money.

When i worked in sales and claims  i got very disillusioned when working with the public, i guess when people decide to take it out on you because your insurance has gone up, or a claim isnt going as they want, and those funny quips they come out with that you have heard only a thousand times before you start to get fed up.

Unless you come from Afghanistan or Pakistan :ph34r:

4 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

People throwing cigarette butts out of their car at the lights, or elsewhere for that matter.

How many times have I envisioned getting out of my car, picking that butt up off the road, knocking on the window, and sticking that thing up your nose.

Another annoying habit of smokers. I think they imagine there is a little cigarette butt fairy who clears them up.

On the subject of smoking, it annoys me how some smokers think only of themselves and not others.

Take a nice pub garden in summer only to be ruined by smoke drifting from the table next to us.

Worse still smokers who stand in doorways, great I have to walk through your smoke to get where I am going.

When I'm abroad on holiday, having a nice meal in open air restaurant, only to be engulfed by the smoke from the smoker on the next table...not nice as trying to eat.

Sadly I'm not very tolerant of smokers. I think its quite rude to force your bad habit onto others.

I think the worst case of a smoker putting smoking above all else was years ago, I was working away with some colleagues, one who wad pregnant and still smoked. On checking into the hotel I was given a ground floor room, she was given one on the 2nd floor, no lift

She made a huge point of this and insisted because of her pregnancy I swop rooms....of course I said no issue and handed her the key and let her walk off down the corridor knowing full well when she saw that it was a non smoking room that she would want to swop straight back, which she did...funny how two flights of stairs was too much for her, yet suddenly was ok when she realised