Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

16 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I agree with that. I've seen reviews ranting on about how the delivery man/women left the parcel in the rain/dustbin/dogshit. Also, they complain that it was 'smaller than they realised' even though the dimensions are quoted by the seller.

How can you make an assessment of an item with that drivel.

Ah this is one of my current peeves. I look at the reviews hoping to find out some useful info on what size I might order and you get 'I got this in a medium'. Ok great, that's dead helpful but did it bloody fit? 'These trousers are too long on me, returning'. Fabulously helpful thanks but are you 4 ft 6 or 6ft?? 'As usual sleeves too long' well are you a midget? Or built like Peter Crouch? Give me a clue!!! :angry:

10 hours ago, Gritters said:

When I was young I didn't go around begging for sweets off people. If anything happened on Halloween it was trying to get an apple out of a bowl of water. Also you were lucky if your mum made you a ghost outfit from some old bed sheets not these fancy things you get from Sainsburys. 

So I detest the Americanisation of Halloween and the loss of anything traditional to this country . 

Was,just talking about this last night. Even in the late 80's early 90's we were all as kids making costumes out of old sheets and household stuff. Nowadays there are aisles of ready made costumes in shops to buy .

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I might get some support for this one, but one thing, that truly annoys me, in fact, 'annoy' is mild. 

Anyway, chip shops that use frozen chips.

How f**king dare they?

There's a chippy in Sorrento, Italy, where they put the potatoes in a hand chipper, then fry them, all in front of you.

Some of the best chips I've ever had.

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

There's a chippy in Sorrento, Italy, where they put the potatoes in a hand chipper, then fry them, all in front of you.

Some of the best chips I've ever had.

oh god. I'm envious.

It's got to the stage that even seaside chippys at Blackpool cart out a sealed bag of frozen chips and toss into the fryer. I hate the taste.

I was at a Butlins weekender and on Saturday, shelled out about £9 for "fresh" fish and chips. Suffice to say, they were cooked from frozen and horrible. Whole weekend ruined! lol

11 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I call them brown noses.

People who try to further their career by copying buzz words the CEO uses. Copies clothing trends on the directors floor. False laughs at things that are not funny. In general sucking up to the higher management . It makes my blood curdle . 

Sounds like you haven't worked hard enough in your job..... ?

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

oh god. I'm envious.

It's got to the stage that even seaside chippys at Blackpool cart out a sealed bag of frozen chips and toss into the fryer. I hate the taste.

I was at a Butlins weekender and on Saturday, shelled out about £9 for "fresh" fish and chips. Suffice to say, they were cooked from frozen and horrible. Whole weekend ruined! lol

Who was the best? Was it Altered Images?

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

TBH I have got to where I am through hard work and not sounding like a knob or sucking up to higher management . You could say I there on merit . 

I stick up for myself and others in my jobs I've had but eventually ended up ill and unemployed. Principles, hard graft and doing the right thing don't always get you where you want to be. Arse licking , back stabbing and having no dignity often do though. It's just a case of what is the most intrinsically important to the individual I guess.

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

I call them brown noses.

People who try to further their career by copying buzz words the CEO uses. Copies clothing trends on the directors floor. False laughs at things that are not funny. In general sucking up to the higher management . It makes my blood curdle . 

FALSE LAUGHTER ..... its the worst

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

got to be honest. On the Friday, I was wrecked, spent most time outside trying to pull a buxom Welsh wench!

The best act I saw was Soul II Soul. Absolutely flawless.

Was it a 1680s weekender? Who was topping the bill? Handel?

Reading this you'll probably have me pegged as a rapscallion or a jackanapes.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I stick up for myself and others in my jobs I've had but eventually ended up ill and unemployed. Principles, hard graft and doing the right thing don't always get you where you want to be. Arse licking , back stabbing and having no dignity often do though. It's just a case of what is the most intrinsically important to the individual I guess.

At least you can hold your head up high knowing you have the respect from your peers even if it has held you on the lower rungs of the corporate ladder. 

Hope you are ok now.

On 31/10/2016 at 22:32, Wolfie20 said:

Some customer reviews on sites such as Amazon. You're looking for something and want to have a look at others who have bought the item and what they think, whether it's good, bad or indifferent. The number of idiots who waste their time writing in and more importantly, my time reading their drivel gets right up my nose! I'm not bothered if the item arrived within 2 days and was well packaged and then you get the twerps who say something like "looks good but not used it yet so I'll  give it 5 stars". I hope than when the time comes for you to take it out of its' box and do what you're supposed to with it, the bloody thing falls apart! Now what will you think of those 5 stars?

I get peed off on Amazon when I'm looking for something, see it has good reviews but then when I read them, all the 5 star ones are posted by people who have been "given the product in return for an impartial revew". Yeah, right.

The reviews for Veet for men are always good for a chuckle, though....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Cream/dp/B000KKNQBK/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1478075958&sr=8-3&keywords=men+hair+removal+cream