Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

8 hours from Cornwall to Leicester, not only did I have to stop at every single service station between the two but the 40mph speed zones due to non existent road works is criminal, you can just imagine the workers "right then lads first things first, speed cameras, shall we dig up the road guv, no mate we need the public to pay for it first", can anybody find a road that has been relayed, redesigned or another lane added that doesn't have a speed camera on it?

This has probably been done, but it should be illegal to advertise something at one price if there are compulsory fees on top. 

Just ordered 7 match tickets advertised at 30 quid, but all seven had a 1.50 charge on top, and then a charge for postage. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

This has probably been done, but it should be illegal to advertise something at one price if there are compulsory fees on top. 

Just ordered 7 match tickets advertised at 30 quid, but all seven had a 1.50 charge on top, and then a charge for postage. 

Agree totally - just quote the price and have done with it.

We are derby is just as bad, booking fees on top even if you do it yourself and print at home.

I do understand that it might need separating in the transaction and thats fine, but quote it at the outset including the fee.

45 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure this is a random thing that annoys post, but the reaction might be OTT but nowhere near as disgusting as the act of throwing it in the first place, hope they find the culprit and issue a life ban.

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not sure this is a random thing that annoys post, but the reaction might be OTT but nowhere near as disgusting as the act of throwing it in the first place, hope they find the culprit and issue a life ban.

If it had been at Forest, the bottle would have been full of urine.

On 22/10/2016 at 07:42, Paul71 said:

Vouchers and gift cards are just a rip off. Just stuff money or a cheque in an envelope, at least real money doesnt expire. How many times you receive gift vouchers and read the small print (on the back) and they expire in 6 months, why? Its like ok take my money to force someone to spend at your business but only allow them so long? So if they dont quite in time then you just pocket the money and what do we get, just a bit of paper or a card...well thanks for that.

I understand there has to maybe be some time limit, but make it like 3 years or something.

I don't see why there should be any time limit at all. It's not like they were bought in a foreign currency.

They've had their money. If you don't use the vouchers for a few years, it probably buys you a little less. It should be made illegal, it's certain immoral.

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

I don't see why there should be any time limit at all. It's not like they were bought in a foreign currency.

They've had their money. If you don't use the vouchers for a few years, it probably buys you a little less. It should be made illegal, it's certain immoral.

Very true, at least with pound notes they dont expire.

You cant say its theft because there are t&c's but it certainly feels like it.

Another reason i wouldnt but vouchers now is if a business goes into administration, like comet for example, when they were still trading they refused to honour vouchers...dont see the point in them.

On 21/10/2016 at 22:11, angieram said:

Derby County 'Gift Card' - bought in ticket office by my hubby as a birthday gift back in March. Finally got round to buying a top I liked in shop - 'sorry can only use it for tickets' No problem as we go to all away matches. Next away match in ticket office 'sorry you can only use it for home tickets'. 

No clear terms and conditions on the card. 

We are season ticket holders so only buy tickets for cup. I could have used it for EFL cup but too late now.

Bought in March, it runs out next March so we better get a home FA cup draw or it's wasted. What a palaver! 

I'd be definitely kicking off about that. Get them to show you where the terms and conditions are on display, either at time of purchase or on the gift card.

Your husband has every right to demand a full refund if he was mis-sold this gift card, and if it's not clear what the gift card can be spent on, that is mis-selling.

As Halloween rapidly approaches and my front door becomes a target for small children to trick or treat at ( none of which is an issue) I wonder what the legal situation is for punching someone i dont know turning up to the door dressed up as a clown.

48 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Stupid ******** who block the entrance to petrol stations whilst queuing for a pump that's on the same side as their filler cap, not realising the hose is designed specifically to stretch around the far side of the average car!

If brains were dynamite, they couldn't clean their ears.

But what if their car isn't average and they have tried in the past and the hose doesn't reach?

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Stupid ******** who block the entrance to petrol stations whilst queuing for a pump that's on the same side as their filler cap, not realising the hose is designed specifically to stretch around the far side of the average car!

Those who pull up at the first pump when the second is free...

30 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Those who pull up at the pumps when they're going in to buy a loaf of bread or something.

**** off out of the way. How about you park in that space 10 metres away there?

I did just that once and got bollocked by the person in the shop for "driving off without paying".

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

You forget though that everyone nowadays is SUV obsessed and thus the average sized car is becoming obsolete.

I find it weird that as a nation we are supposed to be skint yet everyone seems to be driving round in brand new cars.