Its Snow Joke

maxjam

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I don’t understand a word of what you said there pal, I was just quoting a Popside chant from the 80’s, probably aimed at Bristol City, I dunno.

Only being facetious. 'Shoe the donkey' is a famous song in these parts- you get sick of hearing it after a while. Has the same kind of rhythm to your bit. From what I remember, your chant was usually directed at the ref, or a Bobby patrolling the Pop Side?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramblur said:

Only being facetious. 'Shoe the donkey' is a famous song in these parts- you get sick of hearing it after a while. Has the same kind of rhythm to your bit. From what I remember, your chant was usually directed at the ref, or a Bobby patrolling the Pop Side?

The Laurel and Hardy theme was usually whistled at the coppers! 

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

The Laurel and Hardy theme was usually whistled at the coppers! 

Ya, remember that.... along with 'Who's that copper with the helmet on, Dibble, Dibble etc'

Although I do remember coppers seemed a lot more good natured in those days, and took it in their stride (for the most part).

9 hours ago, ramblur said:

Ya, remember that.... along with 'Who's that copper with the helmet on, Dibble, Dibble etc'

Although I do remember coppers seemed a lot more good natured in those days, and took it in their stride (for the most part).

Except for Fat Stan. He was a twart.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not sure but their tactics will be HOOF!!

EDIT: Bloody @Angry Ram beat me to it :lol:

I've been watching something like ' Bloody Tales From The Tower'. Was he in that, and how did he escape?:lol:

Don't spoil the next episode for me though.

We are bringing a supply of balloons to give away, white with a snowman face upon them.

We only have about 80 but will give 'em all away hoping people will use them and greet Colin appropriately. 

We'll visit the beer tent and would love to see a shoal of white cascading around the South Stand. Even better if some West Standers can drift a few in the direction of the dug-outs!

Anyone keen to help should also nip into a toy shop or stationers ASAP to pick up a bag of white balloons. PM me before 2 pm, if you will take a handful to distribute and use - but be sure to do so, don't waste this oppo!!

:thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

We are bringing a supply of balloons to give away, white with a snowman face upon them.

We only have about 80 but will give 'em all away hoping people will use them and greet Colin appropriately. 

We'll visit the beer tent and would love to see a shoal of white cascading around the South Stand. Even better if some West Standers can drift a few in the direction of the dug-outs!

Anyone keen to help should also nip into a toy shop or stationers ASAP to pick up a bag of white balloons. PM me before 2 pm, if you will take a handful to distribute and use - but be sure to do so, don't waste this oppo!!

:thumbsup:

Perfect, will the club be providing snow-like ticker tape?! I put a link for snowmen balloons on here just after the game and the mods deleted it, bah humbugs

I bumped into the SLO before the Boro game and told her about the balloons, supplied her with some and a request that she filled them with helium to tie them to Steve Bloomer, or the away dug-out seats, but I doubt that will happen!

Maybe we should put one of the flame-throwers under Warnock's seat as well, hoping he's gone commando....

:lol:

18 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's come to something when the most entertainment we get at Derby,on a match day, is watching grown men carrying balloons with faces on them around the stadium.

*mutter, mutter* rowettball *mutter, mutter*

Archived