"I've really not enjoyed this season"

Nuwtfly

Craig Ramage has just hit the right note for me there. Can't quite believe I'm saying it but, I just really haven't enjoyed this season. Not one bit. Feels the same as the Clement/Wassall one, and at least that had some drama towards the end.

Even when we were flying high, something just hasn't felt right. Perhaps it was the style of football, all the underlying feeling that the attractive, creative stuff we became somewhat renown for under Mac was being ripped away brick by brick like an old family home being knocked down. 

So many good interviews and promises made by Rowett and arguably not one of them fulfilled. We were sold a rebuild. Remember that quote from Gary about not being interested in signing ageing players looking for final pay-cheques? Our squad has more of those now than ever. And the football is ******* dire.

Chopping and changing managers doesn't get you anywhere, you're right. But sticking with the wrong one doesn't get you anywhere either. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Selling or loaning your best players is not a good start.

Neither is weakening your squad in January when every other promotion rival improved their's at the same time.

I haven't enjoyed a season since we lost at Wembley.

I remember the 5-0 win we had, I didn’t come away raving about it.

2nd in the table and I was guilty of thinking we had too much experience in the team with Hudds and Davies to allow us to choke again.

We did, and have.

Do we really want to scrape into the playoffs and embarrass ourselves further?

I think not. At the mo I really can’t see me going to the remaining games.

Its a sad state of affairs isn’t it?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I remember the 5-0 win we had, I didn’t come away raving about it.

2nd in the table and I was guilty of thinking we had too much experience in the team with Hudds and Davies to allow us to choke again.

We did, and have.

Do we really want to scrape into the playoffs and embarrass ourselves further?

I think not. At the mo I really can’t see me going to the remaining games.

Its a sad state of affairs isn’t it?

I remember thinking the same. I came away from that game so, so confused. Is it possible to play badly and win 5-0? 

We've won a lot of our games ugly this season. That just isn't a sustainable football model, for me. 

When we were second i knew it wouldn't last, we got lucky during our good run. Especially at home against the likes of villa (sloppy back pass) Sheffield wed (early sending off) i could tell the style of play wouldn't be successful. I've never gone to so many games this season not looking forward to the match. Im sick to death of watching teams dominate us and seeing us not have a go at teams. Lets face it, Rowett sets us up not to lose. 

Im not one for sacking managers, but how can anybody tell me that they think this style of football will take us to the premier league is beyond me. Wolves away, (best team in this league) they dominated us, didn't even get out of first gear. Imagine how we'd cope against premier league teams playing this way. I also don't trust Rowett in the transfer market. We need to go with something different, because british managers who have championship experience; Pearson, Mac, Rowett has not worked. You can't tell me that if Gary was managing that Wolves side they'd be top of the league.

We've never had a foreign in manager, who cares if he's not managed in England before, lets give it ago! Nuno hadn't, Jakcanovic hadn't (watford) worth a go

I cant think of one game we’ve played well & the second half of the season has been depressing i just want this season to be over 

its more depressing thinking to what we did have 4 years ago to what a mess we are in now 

at least we’ve got butterfield to come back & jerome’s goal scoring skill to look forward to next season so every cloud ?

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I think GR follows the General Custer approach to strategy - for a guy that sets us up not to lose I think there are flaws in his logic..

He's more General Clusterfook. 

I’m just surprised that anyone thought it would be any different, his brand of football is turgid, the type of player he likes are workman, effective non flair players.  His team selection today in addition to bringing Hanson on for Huddlestone shows everything about this manger, defensive from the outset and a brand of football not something that should be associated with Derby.  

Unfortunately we will have to suffer the same next season, that’s the sad part   

33 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Chopping and changing managers doesn't get you anywhere, you're right. But sticking with the wrong one doesn't get you anywhere either. 

Absolutely. I’ve said before, the best argument for keeping Rowett is we’ve sacked too many managers recently. That is not a good enough reason for him to stay.

Archived