"I've really not enjoyed this season"

Nuwtfly

18 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Watching Derby is like watching Frank Bruno box used to be.

Even when he won you were on pins hoping he didn't get one square on the jaw.

When landed with a blow both buckle at the knees.

I haven't enjoyed the season and can't believe we haven't used our talented youth players alongside veterans they could have learned from

The worry with that tactic is that, looking at the majority of our veterans, exactly what would they have been teaching the youth:lol: 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Or he could have done what he said he was going to do in the summer and signed younger players full of energy? Or tried to bring through some of the under-23s?

Fans can accept a mid-table finish if you're introducing youth or setting yourself up for success the season after, but we've not done that. Rowett has continued the same short-term approach we've seen from countless other managers.

IF Gary is here next season and

IF he fulfils his promise aforesaid

I will again consider him as potentially our most exciting manager since Brian and Peter.

Sadly I am totally disillusioned since Santa forgot me (and the Rams) at Christmas!

20 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Fans can accept a mid-table finish if you're introducing youth or setting yourself up for success the season after, but we've not done that. Rowett has continued the same short-term approach we've seen from countless other managers.

TBF that's just garbage. Fans want success and they want it now!

6 minutes ago, KCG said:

TBF that's just garbage. Fans want success and they want it now!

I think the polls at the start of the season would have said most fans would accept mid-table as we were under the premise that this season was a re-build.

The fans are turning because we’ve gone for it and we’re probably worse than we have been since 11/12.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

The fans are turning because we’ve gone for it and we’re probably worse than we have been since 11/12.

In what sense have we 'gone for it'. 'Going for it' is not in Rowetts dictionary.

On 4/21/2018 at 17:28, Nuwtfly said:

Craig Ramage has just hit the right note for me there. Can't quite believe I'm saying it but, I just really haven't enjoyed this season. Not one bit. Feels the same as the Clement/Wassall one, and at least that had some drama towards the end.

Even when we were flying high, something just hasn't felt right. Perhaps it was the style of football, all the underlying feeling that the attractive, creative stuff we became somewhat renown for under Mac was being ripped away brick by brick like an old family home being knocked down. 

So many good interviews and promises made by Rowett and arguably not one of them fulfilled. We were sold a rebuild. Remember that quote from Gary about not being interested in signing ageing players looking for final pay-cheques? Our squad has more of those now than ever. And the football is ******* dire.

Chopping and changing managers doesn't get you anywhere, you're right. But sticking with the wrong one doesn't get you anywhere either. 

Exceptional articulation of my feelings too Sir! Barman! , a drink from the top shelf for my friend here please. I’ve questioned myself...how come we won 3:0 but I don’t feel buoyed up? Smash & grab raids don’t do it for me...I’m bored with it all and whilst I like GR as a Ram, his football teams are woeful. As BC once famously bellowed from the sidline “Oh...it’s CRAP!...” 

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/04/2018 at 17:28, Nuwtfly said:

Craig Ramage has just hit the right note for me there. Can't quite believe I'm saying it but, I just really haven't enjoyed this season. Not one bit. Feels the same as the Clement/Wassall one, and at least that had some drama towards the end.

Even when we were flying high, something just hasn't felt right. Perhaps it was the style of football, all the underlying feeling that the attractive, creative stuff we became somewhat renown for under Mac was being ripped away brick by brick like an old family home being knocked down. 

So many good interviews and promises made by Rowett and arguably not one of them fulfilled. We were sold a rebuild. Remember that quote from Gary about not being interested in signing ageing players looking for final pay-cheques? Our squad has more of those now than ever. And the football is ******* dire.

Chopping and changing managers doesn't get you anywhere, you're right. But sticking with the wrong one doesn't get you anywhere either. 

Stoke City have done us a big favour here, guys.

If we get this next appointment right, then the feel good-factor could be coming back.

Bye bye to the man who talked the talk, but didn't quite walk the walk. 

Archived