What an awful chant

Curtains

Just now, curtains said:

This isn’t what you say it is Derby fans think there team have a Devine right .

They don’t. 

No. We don't think we have a divine right, but fans go to football games to be entertained first and foremost. They've spent their hard earned cash and so they have a valid reason to expect our team to turn up at all. The players are paid 40k, they can cry into their mansions and super cars if they're too upset about criticism. Stop making excuses for the crap play by blaming the fans, it's pathetic. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No. We don't think we have a divine right, but fans go to football games to be entertained first and foremost. They've spent their hard earned cash and so they have a valid reason to expect our team to turn up at all. The players are paid 40k, they can cry into their mansions and super cars if they're too upset about criticism. Stop making excuses for the crap play by blaming the fans, it's pathetic. 

It’s not pathetic I don’t want to hear grown men singing this is embarrassing and you are not fit to wear the shirt. 

Derby fans pay their money which is good on them .

I pay my money and I don’t want to hear my team destroyed vocally. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, curtains said:

It’s not pathetic I don’t want to hear grown men singing this is embarrassing and you are not fit to wear the shirt. 

They were already destroyed, by burton. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Go to any team in the country who is in a slump in form and sit in their stands. It's the same everywhere, and it always will be. Fans directly reflect the performance on the pitch 95% of the time. Derby is no different. If you don't want to listen to the chanting either don't go or plug in headphones, because either way it won't stop people voicing their disatisfaction. If I was at the game yesterday, I'd have booed Derby off. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Go to any team in the country who is in a slump in form and sit in their stands. It's the same everywhere, and it always will be. Fans directly reflect the performance on the pitch 95% of the time. Derby is no different. If you don't want to listen to the chanting either don't go or plug in headphones, because either way it won't stop people voicing their disatisfaction. If I was at the game yesterday, I'd have booed Derby off. 

You weren’t even there then. 

How did you pay then ! 

Just now, curtains said:

You weren’t even there then. 

How did you pay then ! 

Well done for deliberately misconstruing everything I said. Never at any point did I say ''me'' or ''I'' I was referring to those who did chant it. 

If Preston had scored that penalty we'd have lost there as well, another awful performance where we didn't muster an attack until 10 minutes into the second half.

Wolves, where we never even made an attempt to close down their 'Champions League' player all game and didn't even attempt to get back into the match, the fans stood in silence and then most stayed and clapped them off at the end.

Did you go to those games too?

Burton was a culmination of those performances where we've watched us have about 4 attempts at goal in 270 mins of non football (and while we're on the if's and buts, even Bolton had enough chances second half to have at least drawn the game).

No wonder we're getting frustrated with it. I'm sure none of those fans went with the intent of singing 'you're not fit to wear the shirt', you can take your team losing, but to watch us do it with such a lack of pride and passion is too much to take.

45 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It was a very soft penalty. 

Nugent's form is awful. How many good chances has he missed lately?

I don't think chants like that help but I get the anger yesterday. The performance was abject. It wasn't burton grabbing a couple of lucky goals.

I hate the booing and undermining chanting (breaks my heart) It was bad yesterday reminded me of the time at shity ground when Gregory was on his way out .

I know I always "harp back " to the dismal days under Addison ,Newman and Peter Taylor before "King Arthur"came along .We seemed to loose most weekends I cant recall booing THEN and the anthem on the popside was

"all ways look on the bright side of life "  

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Your not fit to wear the shirt 

Then they applaud Shaun Barker 

Barker won more balls when he came on than most of the Derby players all match and he cant move.  Totally justified after  another inept performance.  Hull showed how to play against a side that cannot buy a win at home 

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I thought this was going to be about taking the piss out of Burton for going down. 

Not its even worse, its about us getting outplayed by them!, Clough taking the piss by bringing somebody on that should be retired and Rowett again showing when 'endeavour' (or lack of it) over ability 'wins the day'.  53 weeks ago we beat Fulham 4-2 and had Ince, Hughes, Russell et al playing and Bryson to come on.  

59 minutes ago, curtains said:

The team played poorly with individual mistakes costing us. 

There is no quick fixes but hey ho sack Rowett ( not what I want )and we move on .

But support the team not heckle them with chants like that. 

Not what I want either. I think I am one of the few who wants Gary to stay on.

I'm not really sure how you want the fans to behave when they are 3-1 down to the bottom club Burton Albion or 4-1 down to bottom club Sunderland. I suppose they could just stand in silence, but you aren't going to get anyone happy clapping and cheering when things like that happen.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I'm not really sure how you want the fans to behave when they are 3-1 down to the bottom club Burton Albion or 4-1 down to bottom club Sunderland. I suppose they could just stand in silence, but you aren't going to get anyone happy clapping and cheering when things like that happen.

It’s the vitriol I don’t like 

But hey ho Derby Fans are loyal and in general support the team 

We move on to Boro 

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Genuine question.  What is it that you see in Rowett to suggest he is progressing us, in the following areas:-

1. The amount of games we win;

2. The style of the performances;

3. Bringing youngsters/academy players through (which Morris alluded to at the time of his appointment);

4. Showing we have a hungry group players; 

5. Improving the average attendance;

6. Planning for the future with the squad age?;

7. Providing us with saleable assets to continue a sustainable model post MM?.

Archived