What an awful chant

Curtains

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

If the away fans turn then that’s a good indication that the hard core of supporters have turned.

Burton tickets would have been snapped up by the guys and gals that go to most away games.

Sometimes enoughs enough, and you just think what the hell, and tell the players exactly what you think.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard an away chant like that since John Gregory was in charge and we were at Forest. And that was aimed against the manager.

Phil brown got a lot of stick I think. But that was also aimed at the three amigos. Even when we won 5-1 there was stick from the fans. 

Since then, billy Davies got us promoted,Nigel Clough did ok in difficult circumstances and well his name is Clough after all. Mac nearly got us promoted and won promotion with us as assistant. None of the others have stayed as long as Rowett so I don't think fans have had time to lose patience with anyone else. Also I don't think the style of football helps. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, curtains said:

This is embarrassing was another chant .

Burton nearly beat Boro at home the week before. 

If the players didn’t produce an embaressing performance and certain the fans wouldn’t tell them it was embaressing. 

Burton lost 5-0 at home to fellow strugglers Hull last week. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

If the players didn’t produce an embaressing performance and certain the fans wouldn’t tell them it was embaressing. 

Burton lost 5-0 at home to fellow strugglers Hull last week. 

For what it’s worth Hull drew 2-2 at Wolves the other day.

They deserve everything they get. I’ve literally had enough of this season, 4 seasons of building my hopes to falter at the last has destroyed me. A few seasons of mid table mediocrity might be good for us to lower the expectations. I’m losing the love for watching Derby, left at half time again yesterday, don’t remeber the last full game I watched the match always spoils a good day out.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

MM will decide on Rowett 

Nothing surprises me with DCFC 

Id hope that Mel has Rowett in his office today explaining how he plans on moving forwards, bringing the fans back, bringing the age of the side down and generally improving our performances . 

If any of Rowetts answers are not acceptable or he attempts to suggest things are going well then Mel should put him on gardening leave immediately and tell him that he’ll remain employed by the club until his contract is up unless he waives his right to a pay off. 

You wold hope a young manager like Rowett would want to work again so would agree to leaving by mutual consent or something. 

22 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Genuine question.  What is it that you see in Rowett to suggest he is progressing us, in the following areas:-

1. The amount of games we win;

2. The style of the performances;

3. Bringing youngsters/academy players through (which Morris alluded to at the time of his appointment);

4. Showing we have a hungry group players; 

5. Improving the average attendance;

6. Planning for the future with the squad age?;

7. Providing us with saleable assets to continue a sustainable model post MM?.

1. We have won the same amount of games as we won last season at the moment - one more win (as tough as that will be) and we will surpass that. Before Burton only Fulham and Wolves had lost less games than us this season.

2. Can't disagree that I don't particularly enjoy the style of performances at the moment, but I'm willing to be patient.

3. We have loaned half the academy out - I assume in preparation for using youth next season as alluded to by Mel Morris. It does annoy me that none of our remaining youth players can get into this team though.

4. Don't see how this one is down to Rowett - this is the players not him.

5. We have no idea if they are improving or getting worse since we apparently just picked a figure out the air for our attendances during the Sam Rush era. 

6. Experience was our throw of the dice this season and youth will be next season according to Mel.

7. Mel is trying to get our wage bill under control, because it certainly is not sustainable at the moment. This means tough decisions had to be made regarding our best assets. We also seem to be limited in regards to FFP thanks to the Sam Rush years.

I fail to see how getting rid of another manager this soon and letting another one have a stab at this Frankenstein of a squad is going to help us at all. We always have a new manager bounce and then tail off again and repeat the cycle. As I said in another thread I also don't want us having to pay compensation to another manager when we could be spending it on players instead.

I think its a great chant, mainly because its true.

They have been mugging us off for a few seasons now. None of them want promotion, just the big fat weekly pay cheque.

There is no way we will get in the playoffs, the players will see to that. It would mean having to play at least 2 extra games, and that shamefully is too much for them. Plus they may even screw it up and get promoted, now none of them want that. Bye bye big fat pay cheque.

How about the game against Reading a couple of seasons ago - win and get in the play offs or lose and guarantee another season of easy money! They didnt even make it look convincing.

They are not fit to wear the shirt, they are just robbing us blind.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

1. We have won the same amount of games as we won last season at the moment - one more win (as tough as that will be) and we will surpass that. Before Burton only Fulham and Wolves had lost less games than us this season.

2. Can't disagree that I don't particularly enjoy the style of performances at the moment, but I'm willing to be patient.

3. We have loaned half the academy out - I assume in preparation for using youth next season as alluded to by Mel Morris. It does annoy me that none of our remaining youth players can get into this team though.

4. Don't see how this one is down to Rowett - this is the players not him.

5. We have no idea if they are improving or getting worse since we apparently just picked a figure out the air for our attendances during the Sam Rush era. 

6. Experience was our throw of the dice this season and youth will be next season according to Mel.

7. Mel is trying to get our wage bill under control, because it certainly is not sustainable at the moment. This means tough decisions had to be made regarding our best assets. We also seem to be limited in regards to FFP thanks to the Sam Rush years.

I fail to see how getting rid of another manager this soon and letting another one have a stab at this Frankenstein of a squad is going to help us at all. We always have a new manager bounce and then tail off again and repeat the cycle. As I said in another thread I also don't want us having to pay compensation to another manager when we could be spending it on players instead.

Point 2, 7 and your conclusion. 

Bring in a new manager who plays a better style of football but tell him that he is to attempt to remove high earners and replace with younger, cheaper alternatives. Highlight the best of the under 23s to him, encourage to use the loan system better than we have this year. And employ somebody to deal with transfer negotiations with the main part of the job to be looking too offload high earners. Tell him as long as there is progress on the pitch and it isn’t clear that the players are trying to implement his ideas, and as long as we’re competitive aiming for top a top ten finish then his job is safe. 

There will be plenty of managers who would be happy to take on this challenge. 

It wasn't just the chants, it was the vitriolic abuse from the start from a moronic aggressive abusive crowd of utter @@rseholes, many of whom looked liked former inmates of HMP.

They start off chanting "we've got.....Gary Rowett, we've got Gary Rowett" like arch-loyalists. They are too thick to notice we are about to concede, so when we do it comes as a huge shock, met with bellowing abuse. Throughout the entire game they were screaming at anything and everything like road raging Neighbours from Hell - which they probably are. At half time as Carson picked up his stuff one cretin rushed forward to bellow abuse at him. 

followed by the second half chants, the boos, the ******* jestures, more abuse. The most hypocritical fans i've ever seen. 

Ok it was a poor display, but no worse than many others.

The behaviour is absolutely not acceptible. Sorry. 

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Good for you, but that's what happens when the team delivers that crap again and again for no discernible reason. I'd be ****** as well if I had paid to watch that - at least McClarens defeats were still entertaining - we don't even have that this time. 

I loved McClaren football but the defeats under him were just as bad- e.g. Fulham 0-2 away, 0-3 Reading (think it was Mac in charge). Maybe all these over priced players just don't want it enough. 

Wasnt at the game.

Barker lead the two teams out apparently... nice touch.

seconds into the game, "Derby fans" start off a round of that song i hate.

The Collymore song. I dislike it, and never sing it at the best of times.

Less than a minute into a game in which Barker leads us out, his careeer cut short by breaking his leg on the field, and "our fans" see fit to sing a song aplauding the fact an opposition player came to derby and broke his leg.... Dear God.... sickening if you ask me

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

No. We don't think we have a divine right, but fans go to football games to be entertained first and foremost. They've spent their hard earned cash and so they have a valid reason to expect our team to turn up at all. The players are paid 40k, they can cry into their mansions and super cars if they're too upset about criticism. Stop making excuses for the crap play by blaming the fans, it's pathetic. 

Couldn't agree more.

They aren't fit to wear the shirt though, there is nothing wrong with saying the truth. Players like Huddlestone , forsyth, and Baird just aren't good enough. Huds can ping  a pass but is defensively poor because of his pace and agility , he couldn't even get near a midfield that has been dominated for most of the season and will be playing in league 1 next year, the only midfielder i would have anywhere near the team next season is ledley and even his form has dipped of late.

Just now, VydraRAM 99 said:

They aren't fit to wear the shirt though, there is nothing wrong with saying the truth. Players like Huddlestone , forsyth, and Baird just aren't good enough. Huds can ping  a pass but is defensively poor because of his pace and agility , he couldn't even get near a midfield that has been dominated for most of the season and will be playing in league 1 next year, the only midfielder i would have anywhere near the team next season is ledley and even his form has dipped of late.

They're not fit to wear the shirt until next time we win and you're all bouncing around like little girls.

I was at the game yesterday. I’m not at all sure that what you hear from supporters at away matches is representative of the general feeling amongst Rams supporters. Yes the performance of the team was dreadful and embarrassing but so was listening to some of the stuff coming out of the mouths of some supporters. Combine large quantities of alcohol with knee jerk reactions and that is what you get. I am not saying that all our away support is in this category, it isn’t but there are enough beer sodden supporters to make the match experience less than pleasant. I suspect , though, that this could be said of most teams away support. 

2 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Couldn't agree more.

Not yesterday. These fans go out to get pissed, and have some serious anger issues. They even wanted to start abusing fans who tried to start a "come on Derby" chant.

Utter scum.

Archived