What an awful chant

Curtains

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

They're not fit to wear the shirt until next time we win and you're all bouncing around like little girls.

people don't bounce a round just because we win and are giddy with happiness its about showing support,  if all the fans stopped singing until the end of the season just because they wanted rowett gone it would affect the team and maybe even lead to more embarrassing performances.

31 minutes ago, SWRam said:

I think its a great chant, mainly because its true.

They have been mugging us off for a few seasons now. None of them want promotion, just the big fat weekly pay cheque.

There is no way we will get in the playoffs, the players will see to that. It would mean having to play at least 2 extra games, and that shamefully is too much for them. Plus they may even screw it up and get promoted, now none of them want that. Bye bye big fat pay cheque.

How about the game against Reading a couple of seasons ago - win and get in the play offs or lose and guarantee another season of easy money! They didnt even make it look convincing.

They are not fit to wear the shirt, they are just robbing us blind.

Why don't you go fishing instead? Sit there for a hour and a half drinking cans of lager. Shouting at joggers.

You could even scream abuse at the river when you don't catch anything.

1 minute ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

people don't bounce a round just because we win and are giddy with happiness its about showing support,  if all the fans stopped singing until the end of the season just because they wanted rowett gone it would affect the team and maybe even lead to more embarrassing performances.

Its about showing support? Really. 

Didn't see any evidence of that yesterday.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not yesterday. These fans go out to get pissed, and have some serious anger issues. They even wanted to start abusing fans who tried to start a "come on Derby" chant.

Utter scum.

If that's the case then it's not on. Abuse and name calling of players and fans should not be tolerated. If unhappy, come on here and bitch.

1 hour ago, secretsquirrel said:

If we go behind early against Boro then you will hear vitriol

It's not if, it's when we go behind to Boro I can't comment on the performance yesterday as I didn't go.However I have not been as embarrassed for a long time as I was at Wolves on Wednesday night'

We simply didn't turn up we were awful there is something amiss at the club ,he may even have lost the dressing room in the aftermath of the Sunderland result.  

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

If that's the case then it's not on. Abuse and name calling of players and fans should not be tolerated. If unhappy, come on here and bitch.

I doubt whether they could even write.

57 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

They deserve everything they get. I’ve literally had enough of this season, 4 seasons of building my hopes to falter at the last has destroyed me. A few seasons of mid table mediocrity might be good for us to lower the expectations. I’m losing the love for watching Derby, left at half time again yesterday, don’t remeber the last full game I watched the match always spoils a good day out.

Back to the pub?

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Point 2, 7 and your conclusion. 

Bring in a new manager who plays a better style of football but tell him that he is to attempt to remove high earners and replace with younger, cheaper alternatives. Highlight the best of the under 23s to him, encourage to use the loan system better than we have this year. And employ somebody to deal with transfer negotiations with the main part of the job to be looking too offload high earners. Tell him as long as there is progress on the pitch and it isn’t clear that the players are trying to implement his ideas, and as long as we’re competitive aiming for top a top ten finish then his job is safe. 

There will be plenty of managers who would be happy to take on this challenge. 

I would usually agree but it doesn't look a long term career under the present circumstances.

38 minutes ago, GenBr said:

1. We have won the same amount of games as we won last season at the moment - one more win (as tough as that will be) and we will surpass that. Before Burton only Fulham and Wolves had lost less games than us this season.

2. Can't disagree that I don't particularly enjoy the style of performances at the moment, but I'm willing to be patient.

3. We have loaned half the academy out - I assume in preparation for using youth next season as alluded to by Mel Morris. It does annoy me that none of our remaining youth players can get into this team though.

4. Don't see how this one is down to Rowett - this is the players not him.

5. We have no idea if they are improving or getting worse since we apparently just picked a figure out the air for our attendances during the Sam Rush era. 

6. Experience was our throw of the dice this season and youth will be next season according to Mel.

7. Mel is trying to get our wage bill under control, because it certainly is not sustainable at the moment. This means tough decisions had to be made regarding our best assets. We also seem to be limited in regards to FFP thanks to the Sam Rush years.

I fail to see how getting rid of another manager this soon and letting another one have a stab at this Frankenstein of a squad is going to help us at all. We always have a new manager bounce and then tail off again and repeat the cycle. As I said in another thread I also don't want us having to pay compensation to another manager when we could be spending it on players instead.

1. Rowett's win % ratio is lower than any manager since Clough (bar Pearson).  This includes Wassall.

2. The football is turgid.   It does not work for a team with good expectations or with the players he selects.  

3.  That may well be.  That must Rowett's choice.  If you look at the players on loan at league clubs, from recollection only Elsnik has pulled up any trees.  Zanzala cannot get anywhere near the first team.  Max Lowe is mainly a substitute. Vernam was out of his depth at Grimsby (from people I know locally).  It was naive of Rowett to let Elsnik go (closest to the first team) on deadline day along with Butterfield (whatever you think of him) and Bryson.  In addition to Hughes, we had lost 4 midfielders and replaced with Huddlestone (at that time).  You can point to Keftenbeld but that unfortunately is just another embarrassment in our club's transfer dealings this season.  He has Thomas who should be given a chance.  He refuses to given him a decent amount of time.  It was clear at Bolton he should have been given 25-30 minutes not 4-5.

4. You don't see how it is down to Rowett to motivate players to make them hungry?  Look at Dyche.  He is clearly making players 'over achieve'.  Rowett has chosen to sign players like Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley, Jerome (looking for their last pay day) rather than look at players like Watkins (Exeter), Maddison (Coventry) or utilise the loan system which has greatly benefitted us in the past (Wisdom, Bamford, Ibe, Lingard, Thorne etc).

5. Come on, if you go to matches, it is clear there are less people at the ground.  The attendances only seem 'half decent' with a decent away following.

6.  See three above - there is Elsnik, Thomas and Lowe that may be around the first team (also Bogle).  That still leaves us with all the old Cr*p we have now, plus the likes of Forsyth, Pearce on extended contracts.

7. Then why spew £1.5 million on Jerome and upto £20k a week on him?

5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I would usually agree but it doesn't look a long term career under the present circumstances.

Never underestimate the pull of managing a club like Derby. Just like Brum, Villa, Forest etc there will always be a huge line of managers wanting a chance at a club like this. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Mate I’m afraid they were at home 

Oh my, so they were. Don’t know where I got that from!

Off the back of that result then, it’s no wonder that they would want to put matters right - especially against us. Shame we couldn’t match their desire, seeing as we had a lot to play for as well. 

I think our lot think thought that they’re better individually than Burton, but collectively , we certainly weren’t.  

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Never underestimate the pull of managing a club like Derby. Just like Brum, Villa, Forest etc there will always be a huge line of managers wanting a chance at a club like this. 

I know mate ,I'm just being an extra cynical old git today because they have pissed me off 

Just now, King Kevin said:

I know mate ,I'm just being an extra cynical old git today because they have pissed me off 

Our club is bigger than these over paid bunch of slackers and it’s bigger than this slick trainer wearing manager. We’ll be here in 2019 when the majority of these expensive contracts are up.

new transfer policy please: only buy players who will have a resaleable value. Maximum age 27 until we’ve got rid of a lot of these 30 somethings.

26 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Back to the pub?

Yes mate, not the first time I’ve left early and I fear it won’t be the last. I feel it’s better for me to leave early than stay and boo. Hate booing so I leave early that’s my way of showing discontent.

This “team” under rowetts stewardship has sucked the passion out of me, renewed my season ticket the day before the Sunderland debacle and regretted it the next day.

48 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Why don't you go fishing instead? Sit there for a hour and a half drinking cans of lager. Shouting at joggers.

You could even scream abuse at the river when you don't catch anything.

Who needs to go to a river to fish?

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

But Hull did draw 2-2 at Molineux a couple of weeks ago. 

Thats football. 

Burton never going to lie down against Derby and credit them yesterday 

From the comments on here it was Derby that lay down, Burton only had to put 11 players out, and 1 of them was a former player that can hardly walk 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

But Hull did draw 2-2 at Molineux a couple of weeks ago. 

Thats football. 

Burton never going to lie down against Derby and credit them yesterday 

But this current Derby side were always going to lie down against Burton - and that is a disgrace. I have never booed the side, but if I had raised some semblance of enthusiasm and gone yesterday, I would have seriously considered breaking the habit of a lifetime and booed my guts out.

Archived