Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo Ram

Derbyshire Cricket 2018

2 hours ago, sage said:

Will do. Where do you sit?

We will probably be beyond the performance centre - near that little gazebo thing that served as a real ale bar a couple of times last year. We'll be sitting in folding armchairs with a convenient beer holder in the arm. I'll most likely be wearing a straw trilby if it's sunny - keep the bonce from getting burned. I have a beard to rival Santa now.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

We will probably be beyond the performance centre - near that little gazebo thing that served as a real ale bar a couple of times last year. We'll be sitting in folding armchairs with a convenient beer holder in the arm. I'll most likely be wearing a straw trilby if it's sunny - keep the bonce from getting burned. I have a beard to rival Santa now.

Ok I generally it in front of the bar that used to be the tea room. Will have a potter round though.

Especially if there is someone Belgian stuff around. I may bring one or two myself.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Top day at the cricket with Eddie and the Memsahib.

Cricket, sunshine and Belgian beer.

Third Middlesex wicket went down just after you went. Excellent day - thoroughly enjoyed it. Derbyshire's pace attack looks quite fearsome.

The cricketer who I was on about earlier (I thought he scored 34 runs in an over for Leicestershire but I was wrong) was Clive Inman. It was actually 32 runs in an over (4-6-6-6-4-6). and a sequence of 50 runs in 10 balls at Trent Bridge against Notts. All good clean family entertainment, it went into the record books as the fastest first-class 50 of all time (8 minutes).

ramblur

Try to keep up with Derbyshire from afar, but usually find myself not recognizing half the names - still, hope we have a spanking good season, and enjoy your beers.

Clive Inman - now there's a name I recognize.

9 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Try to keep up with Derbyshire from afar, but usually find myself not recognizing half the names - still, hope we have a spanking good season, and enjoy your beers.

Clive Inman - now there's a name I recognize.

Every match is streamed now. Get on it!!

ramblur
1 hour ago, sage said:

Every match is streamed now. Get on it!!

Unfortunately, my 'broadband' speed is often a trickle. Who's streaming it (just in case, like)?

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Third Middlesex wicket went down just after you went. Excellent day - thoroughly enjoyed it. Derbyshire's pace attack looks quite fearsome.

The cricketer who I was on about earlier (I thought he scored 34 runs in an over for Leicestershire but I was wrong) was Clive Inman. It was actually 32 runs in an over (4-6-6-6-4-6). and a sequence of 50 runs in 10 balls at Trent Bridge against Notts. All good clean family entertainment, it went into the record books as the fastest first-class 50 of all time (8 minutes).

Certainly this pace attack looks to have more about it, than any Derbyshire pace attack in quite some time. I just hope, throughout the season the batsmen give them enough runs to work with:

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Certainly this pace attack looks to have more about it, than any Derbyshire pace attack in quite some time. I just hope, throughout the season the batsmen give them enough runs to work with:

How exciting is that to someone bought up on Holding, Malcolm, Newman, Mortensen, as well as the likes of Cork later. Sure I’ve missed someone else reasonably fast around that time.

14 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

How exciting is that to someone bought up on Holding, Malcolm, Newman, Mortensen, as well as the likes of Cork later. Sure I’ve missed someone else reasonably fast around that time.

DeFreitas as well.

ive really found our plodding medium pace attacks of recent years quite depressing. 

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

This will be excellent when they sync up the Radio Derby commentary too! Especially as it can be casted to TV!

Would be nice to see what was happening in the field though.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Would be nice to see what was happening in the field though.

Still better than nothing though eh... like I say it will be better to watch once there is commentary too