17/18 - Player of the Season

Day

17/18 Player of the Season  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd say Davies.

As well as Vydra, Carson and Huddlestone, I think Ledley also deserves a mention. We seem much better organised defensively when he plays. I think our record when he plays must be significantly better than when he doesn't.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a given that the award goes to top goal scorer. However, can't give it to anyone in defence, due to poor recent performances collectively. Tom Huddlestone has been very good of recent but it took him a few games get up to speed. Wiemann has had a decent season but the end product is very average. So it has to be Vydra, based on the goals he has scored, you can't argue with that. 

Voted Carson only because I didn’t want him to be totally overshadowed by Vydra both his goals and improvement.

Carson deserves credit bar the odd blip such as the Owls away, he’s been solid, consistent and earned just as many points as Vydra with crucial saves at certain times. Know it’s doing his job but actually think he’s improved in all aspects bar perhaps his kicking this season.

Carson for me, as I think he’s upped his game and been more consistent than Vydra. For much of the season he seemed to be making two or three astonishing saves every game. I’d be interested to know how many points are down to his saves compared to Vydra’s goals. 

My fingers voted Carson but the thread has me wanting Vydra to win. 

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

I think a good goal scorer is more valuable to a team than a keeper. And by that logic, I voted Vydra.

And this makes more sense now.

Ah well

22 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Carson for me, as I think he’s upped his game and been more consistent than Vydra. For much of the season he seemed to be making two or three astonishing saves every game. I’d be interested to know how many points are down to his saves compared to Vydra’s goals. 

Two or 3 astonishing saves? Which ones? He's been solid but he is over hyped.  It would be a much easier task to replace carson than vydra.

Archived