If we reach the playoffs..

Bartok

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bartok said:

Could we recall the likes of Bryson, Martin and Lowe, if their teams have finished their seasons and are not involved in promotion or relegation playoffs?

I think we only get back loan players once our season ends, so after the play off final if we get there

The loans will last to the end of the season technically the the end of june i think. 

If there is a recall clause then this can only be done during a transfer window. I.e. Palmer at Huddersfield. 

So either way we are not getting these players back for the playoffs. 

I swear we had "Golden Gloves" Lee Camp on the bench when we played West Brom in the play off final a while ago having been out on loan at QPR? 

Appreciate rules may have changed but the idea was that he'd been playing so match-ready if needed. Same thinking could be applied for Martin and Bryson. 

9 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I swear we had "Golden Gloves" Lee Camp on the bench when we played West Brom in the play off final a while ago having been out on loan at QPR? 

Appreciate rules may have changed but the idea was that he'd been playing so match-ready if needed. Same thinking could be applied for Martin and Bryson. 

Camp returned before the end of the season and played in the Palace away game that ended our opes for 2nd place.

Sith Happens

The recall clause only applies in January if both clubs agreed when the loan was done, however if both clubs agree a loan can be cancelled at any point. I suppose if the club loaning a player wanted to save a bit of cash they might let him go back to his parent club. 

25 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The recall clause only applies in January if both clubs agreed when the loan was done, however if both clubs agree a loan can be cancelled at any point. I suppose if the club loaning a player wanted to save a bit of cash they might let him go back to his parent club. 

They still would not be able to play for their parent club though.

9 hours ago, Bartok said:

Could we recall the likes of Bryson, Martin and Lowe, if their teams have finished their seasons and are not involved in promotion or relegation playoffs?

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but.... do you think Rowett would pick any of those players after discarding them as not being in his plans? 

35 minutes ago, europia said:

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but.... do you think Rowett would pick any of those players after discarding them as not being in his plans? 

Anya springs to mind, he was persona non grata and brought back so who knows ?

12 hours ago, europia said:

12 hours ago, Bartok said:

He might well find himself needing them as a result of injuries or suspensions. 

They will not be able to play again for us this season.

Untitled_poster10486.jpg

TobyWanKenobi

IF we reach the playoffs, we will have done so without Martin, Bryson, etc, so it would both be unfairly to the players that got us there, and shouldn't in theory be needed to bring them back into the side.

That said, I don't think we'll finish top 6.

16 hours ago, europia said:

He'd use Bryson I'd imagine. I think he said himself he wouldn't have let him go if he'd known the Kieftenbeld deal wpuld fall through. 

I'm disappointed to learn from this thread that even if there is beef between Clement and Martin and he sends him back, we can't use him anyway :(

Archived