Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, G_Kinkladze said:

Hysterics aside, how are we actually playing? 

Sky Sports News App updates says we've been competitive, perhaps just lacking that clinical edge in front of goal.. 

Or are they just being kind? Reading the responses on here you'd think Olsson had bagged a hat trick of own goals, just trying to establish some perspective! 

We look dodgy as hell down our left. We look like a team of 8 defenders. The effort is there. We are aggressive but there’s been Keogh, Wisdom, Johnson and Forsyth where you’d want Vydra, Nugent, Palmer etc. 

Cardiff punting constantly and it’s causing way more trouble than it should. So much down our left should be easily mopped up but it looks hard work.

Jerome and Johnson just want to scrap. 

Lawrence and Weimann are all our attacking hope and they have done alright.   

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Why? We're in relegation form and it will continue if GR is still here.

Bull ****. You think this is entirely down to the manager? It's been the same manager all season, and we're 7th. No reason we wouldn't finish in a similar position next season too (whether that's good enough or not is an entirely different matter). 

This happens every season, this late capitulation at the last hurdle in April. It's not the manager alone, this is a deep seated problem at the club, the owner, players, staff, fans, and yes the manager too. It happened under Mac too. It's not entirely Rowett's fault, he's just the usual scapegoat. Sacking him alone won't change ****. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

For a big bloke Jerome sure does allow himself to be pushed around. A waste of a place.

I'm in the Rowett in camp

But I don't see anything about signing him that was good

4 minutes ago, G_Kinkladze said:

Hysterics aside, how are we actually playing? 

Sky Sports News App updates says we've been competitive, perhaps just lacking that clinical edge in front of goal.. 

Or are they just being kind? Reading the responses on here you'd think Olsson had bagged a hat trick of own goals, just trying to establish some perspective! 

Playing a left WB who can’t defend a right WB who can’t cross. Not too bad apart from that to be honest, They scored from their one shot on target and we missed with ours. They should have had a penalty though 

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

For a big bloke Jerome sure does allow himself to be pushed around. A waste of a place.

He thinks his value is based on winning free kicks I think. Like Chris Martin but no good bits

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's an overreaction if I've ever seen one. We're in relegation form right now yes, but before that with GR we were in automatic promotion form, and over the course of the season we've been in top 7 form, because we're 7th. We're nowhere near the relegation spots and haven't been for about 6 or 7 years now.

We've been in relegation form for 20 odd games, not the last 6, 8 or whatever arbitrary standard you may apply.

It's absolutely relegation form, and the longer Gary is in charge the longer it continues.

Which doesn't fill me with confidence going into next season.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Fortunately, my telly's up quite high on the wall and I would rupture something if I tried that.

Do you have it high on the wall so it feels like you are in the ground when watching us? Hoof. :lol:

Archived