Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Trust me I’ve seen enough him and I mean an awful lot of him to know he’s nowhere near the level of the likes of Lawrence etc.  But everybody is entitled an opinion and Bennett is a strange one for me and his career has never taken off.  

Good luck to the lad but I’m happy with the first team selections that Gary Rowett makes.  

Curtains as you know I also attend many under 23s matches and my opinion is as valid as yours. My opinion is he's looking a bit bored with the football there but we know because it was told us by the club that Rowett had challenged him to push  his way into the first team picture and he did just that, only to be sidelined again on his return from injury.

I think Lawrence is a classy player but sometimes he doesn't perform up to his potential and I would like to have the option of bringing on Bennett rather than Anya, who doesn't excite me at all. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Curtains as you know I also attend many under 23s matches and my opinion is as valid as yours. My opinion is he's looking a bit bored with the football there but we know because it was told us by the club that Rowett had challenged him to push  his way into the first team picture and he did just that, only to be sidelined again on his return from injury.

I think Lawrence is a classy player but sometimes he doesn't perform up to his potential and I would like to have the option of bringing on Bennett rather than Anya, who doesn't excite me at all. 

I respect your opinion. 

Bennett has been unlucky with injuries 

26 minutes ago, curtains said:

Hanson always looks like he could make it but of course Neil Warnock thought he would be a step down from Huddlestone lol. 

Am I being facetious mate 

Of course Hanson is a step down from Huddlestone. There aren't many in the division that has the talent that Huddlestone has and many would be a step down from him. That isn't even what we are on about. We are talking about whether Hanson has had a real opportunity to show his potential or not. You think 12 league starts and only 2 consecutive games at a time is enough for a youth player to show if they are good enough and I think they need a run of games in the team before deciding.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Of course Hanson is a step down from Huddlestone. There aren't many in the division that has the talent that Huddlestone has and many would be a step down from him. That isn't even what we are on about. We are talking about whether Hanson has had a real opportunity to show his potential or not. You think 12 league starts and only 2 consecutive games at a time is enough for a youth player to show if they are good enough and I think they need a run of games in the team before deciding.

I have no axe to grind on this but wasn’t Huddlestone a waste of money a few weeks ago. 

29 minutes ago, curtains said:

I watch them play.  

Been to more U23 games than you have had hot dinners lol 

I think this answer about sums up everything you’ve said. 

What do you look for in a player to define who is and isn’t good enough? How can you, as a fan, define what you are looking for in a player to decide he’s good enough/he isn’t good enough?

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think this answer about sums up everything you’ve said. 

What do you look for in a player to define who is and isn’t good enough? How can you, as a fan, define what you are looking for in a player to decide he’s good enough/he isn’t good enough?

What you could do is TRUST Gary Rowett 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

What you could do is TRUST Gary Rowett 

No come on, Rowett’s fine we’ve discussed that, you’ve seen more reserve games than I’ve had hot dinners. Come on, masterclass me. I’m your student:

“The Curtains Lecture: When an U23 playin is ready for the first team”

Go!

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

No come on, Rowett’s fine we’ve discussed that, you’ve seen more reserve games than I’ve had hot dinners. Come on, masterclass me. I’m your student:

Go!

Asking @curtains to answer a question...are you new to this forum?

7 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

I would say, although not specifically calling for him to be sacked, people thought he wasn’t up to the job as early as August, 4 or 5 games into the season. I bet if you scroll down enough to the time of the infamous Brentford match (late september), they’ll be a few ‘rowett out’ comments

Come on. Its not calling for him to be sacked . You'll have to do better than that.

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Go!

You should surely have worked out by now that curtains refuses to be drawn.........

.......however much you provoke him:lol: 

43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Come on. Its not calling for him to be sacked . You'll have to do better than that.

I did say its not specifically calling for him to be sacked, that was just an example of a thread that I remembered that showed that fans showed some dissatisfaction early on. Although, I did find a post, from the 28th of August in that thread saying 'Disappointing I know but I think mels axe needs to fall once more'. Only one example, I know, but I just clicked to a random page and it was one of the comments. Like I said, I bet if you look at the matchday thread or the date on the 'is Rowett up to it' for the Brentford game, there will be people wanting him to be sacked.

19 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Like I said, I bet if you look at the matchday thread or the date on the 'is Rowett up to it' for the Brentford game, there will be people wanting him to be sacked.

There are people who didn't want him at all, so that would hardly be surprising...

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

You should surely have worked out by now that curtains refuses to be drawn.........

.......however much you provoke him:lol: 

It’s a shame, you’d think someone with that wealth of experience/time in their hands would really enjoy getting into the nitty gritty of it all.

Should I keep sitting here patiently?

Archived