Come on derby dont give up

B4ev6is

Look lads you played well at times cut open QPR I did think you were going to get another very unlucky not get the win. I think tom lawarance needs dropping I would have aynna or luke tomson play there on sunday no better game raw talent. I think that is something are missing.

Kasey parmer has to start upfront with vryda if I was gary rowett I would change formation to 352 or 343 it has to be more attacking as 4231 is to defance minded let the lads play to the shackells of them.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look lads you played well at times cut open QPR I did think you were going to get another very unlucky not get the win. I think tom lawarance needs dropping I would have aynna or luke tomson play there on sunday no better game raw talent. I think that is something are missing.

Kasey parmer has to start upfront with vryda if I was gary rowett I would change formation to 352 or 343 it has to be more attacking as 4231 is to defance minded let the lads play to the shackells of them.

Refreshing to see a post that’s about come on derby not who’s manager ,who used to be manager ,,,,, just come on derby ,wanting , willing our club to succeed,,,, thank god there’s fans like you still around 

29 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Love the enthusiasm B4 but I disagree here mate. We were lucky to come away with a point if anything. And I really don't think Forest away, 8 months into the season is really the time to start experimenting with new formations, especially changing from a 4 at the back to 3. I like the idea of Palmer playing behind Vydra though. We've all seen Vydra is much better in the number 10 role, but at the minute I think even a Vydra in a less suited role of lone striker would be an improvement on Nugent and Jerome

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I meant playing as two togather 

I just feel we had them on the robes and until we gave them a silly free kick away.

we were battered pretty much the whole of the game, they were so rubbish that they couldn't finish us of, we nicked a point there

1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

I just think we need a slice of luck (hopefully on Sunday) to get us a win , then i think that will propel us to enough points for playoffs... Hopefully with a run of wins before playoffs to give us some momentum .

Nail on the head. Going back to last night, had the chance where the QPR keeper initially looked like he had thrown Curtis Davies header into the net before scooping it out, we would have been 2-0 up with around 15 (ish) minutes to go and highly unlikely we would have drew. The goal we conceded was infuriating on so many levels I agree. Foul throw (ball slips), initially giving the corner away, Tom Lawrence with a very crude foul as he was out of position and finally poor marking/slip for the goal from BJ. It looked shocking marking from where we were at the other end of the ground and wasn't until I was home that it transpired he'd slipped. 

Hell it is so infuriating but perspective guys. We would have taken sitiing in the playoffs with 10 to go at the start of this at the start of the campaign, hindsight is a beautiful thing and football fans revel in it. I hadn't given us a prayer at the start of the season having sold Hughes (most gifted footballer of the last 10 years) and Tom Ince (Guaranteed goals and most potent attacking threat). But transfer policy is another story... :)

Had we won last night, we'd be relishing the Florists Sunday. By hook or by crook we needed that win but it didnt happen. No reason at all why we can't sort our form out for the last 10 games though. Keep the faith chaps! 

As we discussed in the Sindercombe Social before the game, "remember when we had Sammon, Robinson et al ..." We've endured darker times, we aren't down and out just yet... Enjoy the ride. 

UTR 

17 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I watched the game on ramstv we deserved nothing against a v poor side.  The stats seem to back that up.  Angie  guess you were there so was it different in the ground?

No. I posted a little in the match day thread but I thought we lacked ambition, mobility and any real desire to attack. We were under the cosh first half and scored on the break, but should have pushed on to capitalise on this and really didn't.  The shots (21 to 5) says it all. We weren't playing another promotion contender and I was very disappointed by the style of football. 

I thought their manager made some telling comments after the game about them either playing it up to Matt Smith all the while - although he was a handful we just about dealt with that - or them pulling it down onto the deck and playing a running and passing game. Their first option didn't work so they tried the latter to better effect second half and we looked distinctly second-best. I'd say they were very unlucky not to win the game at the end - thanks, Scott! 

Nice for QPR to have thought about and have two distinct ways to try and win a match. Where's our other option? 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Reading and Cardiff. :ph34r:

I know. Bloody infuriating, isn't it?

I am trying my best to let those individuals go as Rowett has done but I do seriously think he needs to re-introduce the two key assets that those players respectively represent - guile and legs - back into the team from somewhere. Not sure where he's going to find them in our current squad and formation?

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Watched on ramstv or did you go

Defiantly there with his dad, saw him on the way in.

I was in the cheap seats in the corner, B4 must have splashed out on gold seats.

Was gutted really at the turn out.. You can normally guarantee moving to a better seat without paying at QPR.. Bloody ruined my night all those who turned up and meant I could not move.. Scum the lot of em., ?

Archived