Steve macs legacy

archied

15 hours ago, Mistaram said:

So what are saying Mclaren was lying in is interview nobody making assumptions just repeating what was said  Nothing fabricated or thrown away just a tip mate when you find yourself in a hole stop digging  

I guess irony ain't a thing in your household Mista :lol:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Yes I will be doing when Rowett is 56 you never know he might get us to the Prem something Mclaren would never achieve 

In your opinion. 

Medals on the table there's only one winner. 

In fact win percentages, points per game, points in 1 season, goals scored and there's only one winner. 

Forget facts though. We'll just back our stance with a really strong opinion.

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

In your opinion. 

Medals on the table there's only one winner. 

In fact win percentages, points per game, points in 1 season, goals scored and there's only one winner. 

Forget facts though. We'll just back our stance with a really strong opinion.

How can you compere till Rowett has been a manager as long as Mclaren  There are no facts to even compere yet  Your facts are about relevant as saying Rowett has been sacked once and Mclaren six 

9 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

How can you compere till Rowett has been a manager as long as Mclaren  There are no facts to even compere yet  Your facts are about relevant as saying Rowett has been sacked once and Mclaren six 

He has had 50% more games in charge than Mac2 and if we don't beat Fulham will drop below him on the win % stat

7 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

He has had 50% more games in charge than Mac2 and if we don't beat Fulham will drop below him on the win % stat

That can't be right. 

Next you'll be telling me he's had double the amount of transfer windows and the advantage of a pre season?

30 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

So I'm not allowed to compare their time at Derby

11 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Yes I will be doing when Rowett is 56 you never know he might get us to the Prem something Mclaren would never achieve 

But you can say this? 

25 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So I'm not allowed to compare their time at Derby

But you can say this? 

Don't try and be smart you said Medals won nothing to with their recorded at Derby ffs your trying compere somebody who has been a manager for 17 years at clubs who have thrown money at it To somebody who has manage three clubs two of which didn't have a pot to piss in when he was there and a third club where his first job was to reduce the wage and squad size and at the same time remain competitive Mclaren never had those problems at Derby . Clough left him all the good young players and Martin and if he wanted a player Rush would just go and get it for him money was never a problem 

41 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Don't try and be smart you said Medals won nothing to with their recorded at Derby ffs your trying compere somebody who has been a manager for 17 years at clubs who have thrown money at it To somebody who has manage three clubs two of which didn't have a pot to piss in when he was there and a third club where his first job was to reduce the wage and squad size and at the same time remain competitive Mclaren never had those problems at Derby . Clough left him all the good young players and Martin and if he wanted a player Rush would just go and get it for him money was never a problem 

Not trying to wind you up but what's the source for this?

I do remember that Gary Rowett said when he arrived that he thought that the squad was a bit big and he preferred to work with a smaller number. But that's different to being told he had to cut costs.

He also said that we had to be a bit less gung ho in transfers but I don't recall that he was told we had to be a selling club.

He may not have had untold riches but I don't think he's had massive constraints put on him in terms of transfers. 

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

You what? 

-----

What was Mac's record signing? How much did he spend? He only had 1 summer window

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Not trying to wind you up but what's the source for this?

I do remember that Gary Rowett said when he arrived that he thought that the squad was a bit big and he preferred to work with a smaller number. But that's different to being told he had to cut costs.

He also said that we had to be a bit less gung ho in transfers but I don't recall that he was told we had to be a selling club.

He may not have had untold riches but I don't think he's had massive constraints put on him in terms of transfers. 

Well you tell me where we would be with FFP if we hadn't sold Hughes Ince and Christie he only bought in Jerome because of the unexpected windfall of a 73,000 crowd at Old Trafford 

Archived