RamsTV Meets Phil Gee

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Top bloke and doing an every day job - people forget that footballers then weren't made for life

Best Goal - away at Sheffield Utd - breakaway- I was right behind it 

Think we all were:D

That year we were ruddy invincible at times, getting the same feel at away games this year.

As for Phil, he was the nearest I can think of (recently for us) raw footballer excels, made good, lived the dream and returns to humble beginnings as injuries blighted his career.

Was going to mention that goal at Sheffield. One of my all time favourite goals. 12 thousand of us behind that goal and Phil just galloped away from the defence and smacked it into the net. He had this knack of hitting his shots really early when on one v ones. The keeper would still be advancing and working out his angles, but Phil would catch him flat footed and score every time. 

Just now, richinspain said:

Was going to mention that goal at Sheffield. One of my all time favourite goals. 12 thousand of us behind that goal and Phil just galloped away from the defence and smacked it into the net. He had this knack of hitting his shots really early when on one v ones. The keeper would still be advancing and working out his angles, but Phil would catch him flat footed and score every time. 

I looked it up like you - great memories

that was a club record - made it 11 away wins!!

Have to say I met Phil quite a few times, even played with him a couple of times. Genuinely lovely guy.  Possibly my crowning football achievement was a pacey cross in for a Phil Gee header from about 12 yards. I think there were 3 other Derby players in that team. Steve Cross was one. I think there were a few ex Vics too. We won every match by at least 6. 

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

That is probably the best away game I have ever been to, the goal from Mr Gee, and the atmosphere was electric from start to finish, I was 16 years old at the time, and loving every minute of following Mr Cox's team all over the country, we were a excellent team at that time, think these times are returning under Mr Rowett, well I hope so anyway.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I wouldn't even have recognised him.

If I ever saw him in a pub I’d stand on a table and sing at the top of my voice....

PHILLIP GEE, PHILLIP GEE, PHILLIP GEE, PHILLIP GEE,

SCORING GOALS FOR DERBY, PHILLIP GEE

hopefully I’d then be led out by a kindly doorman with DCFC sympathies...

Every time i see that penalty decision v rotherham i think there is something very fishy about it.

there was no foul.

if that had been awarded to juventus i would have been livid.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Every time i see that penalty decision v rotherham i think there is something very fishy about it.

there was no foul.

if that had been awarded to juventus i would have been livid.

I think it was karma because of Juventus and Nish’s goal at Hillsborough. 

We’re still paying for it with the Walsh foul in 93, Atwell, the worst reffing decision of all time by that useless **** at Burnley....

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

vs Leeds

Love this one too, a few weeks later, I think

reckon it was the very next week.

penuiltimate game of the season which meant we were definately going to finish top 2.

the plymouth game(H) 4-2 was the absolute final game of the season which meant we would finish as champions.

Archived