RamsTV Meets Phil Gee

David

Fantastic interview as part 1. 

Loved Phil Gee. 

Although im sure he’s happy in Work and with his family, I watch some of our hero’s working a 10 hour day or even on the bread line sometimes and wonder if the club could do more to make life a little easier and to show our appreciation. 

Almost like an ex player who helped us achieve something pension/payoff. 

They may not want it, and we all know the money wasn’t in the game back then as much as it is now, but I’d love them to know how much they meant and still mean to us. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think it was karma because of Juventus and Nish’s goal at Hillsborough. 

We’re still paying for it with the Walsh foul in 93, Atwell, the worst reffing decision of all time by that useless **** at Burnley....

I think the referee was bent.

Brilliant. What a pleasant and humble bloke. 

That was the best time watching Derby home and away. I missed a lot of TBE as I left Derby for university / work, although enjoyed the bragging rights and pride of our success. 

Has RamsTV done a Bobby special yet? Or are saving that for April / May when we go up?

12 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Always great at cutting in from the architrave as well as the wing. Often rag-rolled his man and brushed up defenders. Always showed huge spirit and very dedicated to his preparation. :mellow:

Certainly had a great finish but are you glossing over any weaknesses?

What a great, humble bloke making light of all his achievements in helping Derby back to the big time back then.

A real rags to (somewhat) riches story of perseverance and never giving up on your dreams.  

His story really highlights the gulf in money players were paid then and what their on now. 

Sky has distorted players wages to astronomical level but with it destroyed the 'human' link between the players and the everyday supporters. 

Can't wait for the 2nd part of the interview.

I think ramstv is getting better and better all the time in its coverage of Friendly, U23 and U19 match's, features and interviews.

A big thanks to Mel for launching this great idea. 

14 hours ago, irobinson said:

Top bloke and doing an every day job - people forget that footballers then weren't made for life

Best Goal - away at Sheffield Utd - breakaway- I was right behind it 

I was also there. Rams fans totally out numbering the home fans and when that goal went in, right in front of me. I jumped with the crowd and got crushed up against the fence about 3 feet off the ground for about 2 minutes.

Happy days

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I was also there. Rams fans totally out numbering the home fans and when that goal went in, right in front of me. I jumped with the crowd and got crushed up against the fence about 3 feet off the ground for about 2 minutes.

Happy days

I took a new girl friend - not sure she knew what was goin on - lost her for 20 mins after Phil scored

Brilliant stuff....Phil was a raw player but scored some great goals and I often questioned if he was good enough at the time then he would pop up with a goal or two ...great memories...Sheffield United away will always live in the memory ...fantastic support that day :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, England Ram said:

Fantastic interview as part 1. 

Loved Phil Gee. 

Although im sure he’s happy in Work and with his family, I watch some of our hero’s working a 10 hour day or even on the bread line sometimes and wonder if the club could do more to make life a little easier and to show our appreciation. 

Almost like an ex player who helped us achieve something pension/payoff. 

They may not want it, and we all know the money wasn’t in the game back then as much as it is now, but I’d love them to know how much they meant and still mean to us. 

dont baseball teams in the states do something similar to this? read a story a few weeks back about an ex player who was homeless and still got 700 odd dollars a month.

I think Phil Gee summed himself up well, with what he answered when he was asked if anyone knew at his work that he played professional football and he played for Derby County etc and when he was approached in the pub by a Derby fan etc.

Top real bloke just getting on with it, so many modern day footballers just don't know how lucky they are to be in such a wonderful working position.

Gee......Gee......Gee...and Bobby D....D.....D.

Archived