Baiano or Vydra?

England Ram

32 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

When young lads talk about the likes of Bryson or Martin being great players and legends, they should be sat down and made to watch videos like that.  Some of the players we had, and the football we played was fantastic.  And they weren't even in the top 20 Premier League players at the time!!!

Definitely. The likes of Poom, Stimac, Laursen, Eranio, Asanovic, Wanchope, Baiano we’re differ level. Add to them Sturridge, C Powell, Van Der Laan we were really spoilt. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Jeez cup half empty much!? ;)

It ain't a matter of glass half empty, it's just naive of you to assume Vydra will get 20 goals a season if we get to the Premiership.  Vydra has had blank periods with us, let alone earlier in his career. A 20 goal performer in the Premiership would be very special.

If you want to be really picky, Baiano's ball control was better and much more consistent than Vydras.

52 minutes ago, DRBee said:

It ain't a matter of glass half empty, it's just naive of you to assume Vydra will get 20 goals a season if we get to the Premiership.  Vydra has had blank periods with us, let alone earlier in his career. A 20 goal performer in the Premiership would be very special.

If you want to be really picky, Baiano's ball control was better and much more consistent than Vydras.

I was just yanking your chain mate. If Vydra ever gets 20 prem league goals I'll be astonished. No doubt in my mind Baiano was a different class!

Vydra is a different player. Much more explosive. Baiano was more clever, better touch and he had to be as didn’t have great pace. Vydra can strike a ball better, baiano didn’t always hit the ball cleanly but had a habit of finding the corner where the keeper couldn’t reach.

Vydra has to do it in the premier league before he can be compared to Ciccio. Both him and Eranio meant we no longer needed asanovic - which means they must have been good! Of the two though, Eranio was the better player, but Ciccio was class. Best derby team I have watched.

i was also lucky enough that Ciccio and Eranio did our football awards and I met and got a picture with both of them! Legends and Gents!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Baiano. 

Was Premiership class, not sure we will ever say that about Vydra, although I really hope we are saying it next season. 

Re Baiano goalscoring didn't he set a club record of scoring in 7 consecutive games? If so, has anyone beaten it since? 

Scored 8 in his first 8 I think.

Archived