Our pre-match routine. Embarrassing.

Duracell

Not really fussed about Mr Brightside myself - would rather they played the original version OR Guns N' Roses rather than the weird mix, but it seems to wake a few folk up before kick off so lets keep it going while we're winning....I am however partial to a bit of Metallica before the 2nd half kicks off - gets the juices flowing....

As far as the announcer goes, think back to when we had the team read out by a bunch of 6 year olds - now that was cringeworthy....

They do need to sort the volume of the announcer out though - it was impossible to have a conversation with the bloke standing next to me on Saturday - crazy volume....

By the way, has anyone mentioned the silly half-time scores display? They use the display from Rams TV and it's impossible to see from the East Stand....would be good to put up a different page in the ground so us old blind gits can see what's going on....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several things need sorting

the haltime scores, I’m 16 with good vision and even I can’t see it.

the pre match music is doable for the time being but it needs turning down, why can’t we have some hey Jude or something we can sing along with our own words that would get the atmosphere going before the game.

stop showing rams tv as soon as the players go in before kick off and don’t show it all at half time.

feel free to improve on these points

40 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Not really fussed about Mr Brightside myself - would rather they played the original version OR Guns N' Roses rather than the weird mix, but it seems to wake a few folk up before kick off so lets keep it going while we're winning....I am however partial to a bit of Metallica before the 2nd half kicks off - gets the juices flowing....

As far as the announcer goes, think back to when we had the team read out by a bunch of 6 year olds - now that was cringeworthy....

They do need to sort the volume of the announcer out though - it was impossible to have a conversation with the bloke standing next to me on Saturday - crazy volume....

By the way, has anyone mentioned the silly half-time scores display? They use the display from Rams TV and it's impossible to see from the East Stand....would be good to put up a different page in the ground so us old blind gits can see what's going on....

True. I'm close to the half way line in the East stand & really struggle to read it.

2 hours ago, COYR said:

Several things need sorting

the haltime scores, I’m 16 with good vision and even I can’t see it.

the pre match music is doable for the time being but it needs turning down, why can’t we have some hey Jude or something we can sing along with our own words that would get the atmosphere going before the game.

stop showing rams tv as soon as the players go in before kick off and don’t show it all at half time.

feel free to improve on these points

I think it's really interesting that a sixteen year old wants Hey Jude. Whenever us oldies moan about a song we've never heard of, the response is we're out of touch - but a young person still knows the Beatles.

My guess is only about 30% of people in the ground knew Brightside before we started playing it, and less than that the lyrics. Whereas 90% will know Hey Jude or something similar.

Why do we play the same tracks every game? I don’t get that - there’s loads more to choose from. 

That bloke with the mike needs to get down to HMV and buy some new CD’s. Failing that I’ve got some cassette tapes he can borrow along with my 78rpm records. 

The stadium announcer is cringeworthy but I've never seen publicly orchestrated celebrations to be anything other! Although saying that they seem to be able to pull it off in North Korea so perhaps we're just not being strong enough with our coercion! The music at the start doesn't bother me as much as the music after we score!! Are we that reserved that we need to forcibly create an atmosphere after we score a goal?

19 hours ago, angieram said:

I think it's really interesting that a sixteen year old wants Hey Jude. Whenever us oldies moan about a song we've never heard of, the response is we're out of touch - but a young person still knows the Beatles.

My guess is only about 30% of people in the ground knew Brightside before we started playing it, and less than that the lyrics. Whereas 90% will know Hey Jude or something similar.

Yeah well everyone knows it don't they and could get everyone singing. na na na nananana nananana derrrbyyyyyyyy. Doesn't have to be that but just a song to get everyone going before.

On 06/02/2018 at 14:53, cosmic said:

I loved this when I went to Hertha vs Bayern a few months ago. 

Salomon... “KALOOOOOU!” :lol:

I think this is cringey myself, but can you imagine the thread on here if we did this?

"South stand need to shout the goalscorers surname louder. We can't hear anything from the West Stand"

Archived