Johnny Russell all 35 goals video

DerbyGoals

Put together a video of all of Johnny's goals, I personally will miss him but feel like his consistency wasn't always the best..his overall record was 205 games, 35 goals and 34 assists.... Jamie Ward interestingly scored just 1 less than Johnny in 56 fewer games. 

All in all, a very good servant for the club, if he stays in the MLS for a few years he could become one of their 'stars' ...especially if Bradley Wright Phillips can! 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get the feeling he started to fall out of love with the club/football so is looking for a change up. Bore the brunt of a lot of stick over the last few years, reacted badly to a bloke in the east stand constantly shouting abuse at him. I think Wel miss him more than some people think after all he is our most productive wide player this season. 

Great video though, lot of good memories in there ??

2 hours ago, jake the ram said:

god we are gonna miss him.loved this club n we loved him.good luck ? jr.

cant remember being more sad about a player leaving than this one. I tthink, especially more so than martin, bryson etc.. in that we dont have anyone better than him to replace him with. The bristol game aside, was in his best form for us since maybe parts of the 2014 season.

Having no place for Martin too, i find sad after the amount of goals he has scored for us.

Never rated him that much when he was applauded for running the ball out of play so never understood the hatred when he was still doing it even though people were now looking to him to be the key creator. 

He's never changed. Always had a fantastic attitude. Always can be proud of his efforts.

He's good winger. He is excellent at turning defence into attack. That box to box part of his game is what makes you frustrated with the next bit. The knowing what to do when he gets there. But he eats ground and gets us on the front foot as quick as anyone has in his time here.

If he did have more composure in the final third he'd not have been at Derby so long. A better team would have taken him. He just never developed enough composure and vision to release that ball to positive effect often enough. 

I mean that's all Tom Lawrence is so far. A ball carrier. 

Overrated and then underrated. That's Russell imo. I'll miss his grafting. His bursts forward eating up the pitch. His clear enthusiasm for playing. By all accounts he's a nice bloke too. 

He's the sort of hard luck story that you love. The guy who just rolls up his sleeves and gets stuck in. He's one of the players we should have looked to improved on off the back of the Wembley season. 

He leaves here, somehow, our best winger imo. Whatever his faults were you can level them at the others. Russell produces more though. Sometimes through skill and sometimes by willpower. 

I hope he finds an end product more often in Kansas. He deserves fans that love him.

A few hundred grand from Dundee was it? A few hundred grand. Theres plenty worse out there that you need multiple millions to buy. 

Sporting KC manager Peter Vermes said: "Johnny Russell is a player with good attacking qualities who we are excited to bring to Kansas City in the very near term.

"We look forward to acclimating him to our club in preparation for the start of the season in just over a month."

Sure hope Johnny settles into normalcy some time soon.

Archived