Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeks to me like we hedged all of our bets on Lookman, he snubbed us and we’ve panicked. 

Palmers a good player but doesn’t fit in our side from what I can see? he isn’t a wide player he’s more of a number 10 so if we are going to play him out wide we are essentially back to square 1

we desperately needed a winger and I’m baffled we haven’t signed one 

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Seeks to me like we hedged all of our bets on Lookman, he snubbed us and we’ve panicked. 

Palmers a good player but doesn’t fit in our side from what I can see? he isn’t a wide player he’s more of a number 10 so if we are going to play him out wide we are essentially back to square 1

Name the wingers you wanted to buy that would come in and improve this side... 

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

Didn’t think it Was a very good day for DCfC  

the window isn't just 1 day and camjam was a good transfer.  JR going has upset me a little which is strange because he is susceptible to wide swings in performances.  Playing well at the moment but could easily have a bad second half tot he season, we will never know

26 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

But if he is that good why would Wolves let us have him? 

I suspect he isn't that good... Not as a winger. He's an effective winger who takes a decent deadball. 

A decent dead ball would be very useful to us, lawrence really hasn’t provided it when you look at it and I can’t see us getting in behind now that Russell has gone.

31 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

But if he is that good why would Wolves let us have him? 

I suspect he isn't that good... Not as a winger. He's an effective winger who takes a decent deadball. 

He went on loan to Millwall, so they have allowed him to leave because they have worked class internationals in their side. 

Marshall would have been everything we were looking for 

41 minutes ago, Spanish said:

the window isn't just 1 day and camjam was a good transfer.  JR going has upset me a little which is strange because he is susceptible to wide swings in performances.  Playing well at the moment but could easily have a bad second half tot he season, we will never know

Yes but its obvious that Rowett has a thing for Nugent, for me Nugent has been ineffective in some games this season like Tuesday at Millwall, hes not big enough nor quick enough. We bring in CJ a proven championship player and goalscorer only for him to sit on the bench. Come on Gaz....

Poor window for us. Yes our team is second but we need players to give us that last push, The 2 signings weve made dont look like they fit into Gary's team right now, So if they are on the bench for the last 18 games how has this window helped? Weve lost Shackell, Martin, Russell and Bennett and replaced them with no one really. for me the signing of CJ wasn't needed and Palmer came out of the blue and probably wasn't even our first or second choice option. I want to see both players start Saturday, you bring players in to play - so play them. Get that energy through Palmer in the middle or wideish - pace and power from Jerome. I just look at our wide options, imagine we got to the play off final at wembley and were playing Villa/Bristol/Sheffield united - if our Ince replacement in Lawrence gets injured and we have to start with Anya and Weimann wide, we have no chance. Good Jesus derby. All this crap about having to move some out before someone in. Get the player you want early and then ship out. GR take note!

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

We needed back up for Vydra imo, and I see him being brought here as that. Still one winger short as you say, poor when we’ve had all January to sort it! 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

A little bit concerned by the situation out wide.

We have Weimann, who's prone to injury, and can't last 90minutes anyway.

Lawrence, who's got some kind of foot injury that has doctors baffled.

Anya, who was dead to Rowett until Tuesday.

Now Palmer, who played centrally for Huddersfield all last year.

Lawrence 's problem is not baffling at all,everyone can see he has 2 left feet

23 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Poor window for us. Yes our team is second but we need players to give us that last push, The 2 signings weve made dont look like they fit into Gary's team right now, So if they are on the bench for the last 18 games how has this window helped? Weve lost Shackell, Martin, Russell and Bennett and replaced them with no one really. for me the signing of CJ wasn't needed and Palmer came out of the blue and probably wasn't even our first or second choice option. I want to see both players start Saturday, you bring players in to play - so play them. Get that energy through Palmer in the middle or wideish - pace and power from Jerome. I just look at our wide options, imagine we got to the play off final at wembley and were playing Villa/Bristol/Sheffield united - if our Ince replacement in Lawrence gets injured and we have to start with Anya and Weimann wide, we have no chance. Good Jesus derby. All this crap about having to move some out before someone in. Get the player you want early and then ship out. GR take note!

Yes Gary... Spend £15 million on getting McClean in then sit tight and hope your other expensive assets get shipped out to the people obviously queuing up to take them. 

Silly Gary and Mel. Listen to Edtheram - after all he got Derby promoted to the Prem last week on Champ Manager. He knows just how to do it. TAKE NOTE

7 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Yes Gary... Spend £15 million on getting McClean in then sit tight and hope your other expensive assets get shipped out to the people obviously queuing up to take them. 

Silly Gary and Mel. Listen to Edtheram - after all he got Derby promoted to the Prem last week on Champ Manager. He knows just how to do it. TAKE NOTE

McClean? you must be joking mate, Would of only took him on loan, never worth 15 million. Im just saying its poor business from us to not strengthen where were weak and where Gary said "We need more quality and magic". Simple.

Archived