Jerome's a good player....

NorwichLad

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks quick and strong but gary makes his subs too late in games. 

Make a change at 65 mins not 75. They haven't got time to have a proper impact. 

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Looks quick and strong but gary makes his subs too late in games. 

Make a change at 65 mins not 75. They haven't got time to have a proper impact. 

If the ref had been anywhere near competent then Rowett would have got the desired impact.

25 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If the ref had been anywhere near competent then Rowett would have got the desired impact.

...and if they'd had another ten minutes i think we'd have scored anyway.

Just now, RamNut said:

...and if they'd had another ten minutes i think we'd have scored anyway.

Possibly but around the time you are suggesting we bring them on we were on top looking like we were about to score we had the vydra effort etc so I can see why Gary was reluctant to change whilst we were in the ascendancy. I like the look of jerome about time we had someone who can proper bully defenders, genuinely think him and vydra could be the perfect combination to fire us out of this league.

If CJ continues to plays like he did last night then he's a bargain at £1.5million. Really made their defenders look uncomfortable and the direct through ball always looked on in that last 15 minutes. One for the present rather than the future. 

• 3 months later...
Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

You got this part wrong though ?

Well if Cameron Jerome had Gary Hooper levels of finishing he wouldn't be in this league.

And if Gary Hooper had Cameron Jerome levels of everything else he wouldn't be in this league.

At the end of the day. 

11 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Quite a few did though I think!

You have no idea mate. Some of the vitriol directed at him has been embarrassing. He's taken a while to settle in but boy is he showing his value now. That £1.5 million folk were moaning about might be the best money we've spent in years - well, apart from the £500k for Captain Curtis, that is ?

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

You have no idea mate. Some of the vitriol directed at him has been embarrassing. He's taken a while to settle in but boy is he showing his value now. That £1.5 million folk were moaning about might be the best money we've spent in years - well, apart from the £500k for Captain Curtis, that is ?

The problem was that he isn't Martin...a far better technical player and one that epitomises our old flair team.

But...if you are playing Gary's way,Jerome fits that where Martin doesn't......if you were Fulham or Derby of old,Jerome wouldn't get into the team,but he suits Gary's.

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The problem was that he isn't Martin...a far better technical player and one that epitomises our old flair team.

But...if you are playing Gary's way,Jerome fits that where Martin doesn't......if you were Fulham or Derby of old,Jerome wouldn't get into the team,but he suits Gary's.

No Kash - that was your view. Most other folk felt he was not up to the job he was brought in to do. It had nothing to do with Chris Martin.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not just my view,lots of others too.....

Not really Kash. Most Rams, even those like myself who loved Chris Martin, have pretty much moved on. He's not played with us for a long time and whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, CamJam is currently doing a great job for us as 5 goals in his last 4 games clearly shows. This is a thread about CamJam and not Chris so let's try an avoid another Chris Martin pissing match if we can, huh?

* Just seen you edit - nice to see you giving Cam some kudos. He's trying his feckin heart out for us and I love that nearly as much as I loved watching Chris play.

Archived