Sheff. Wednesday

Bob Gnarly

What has happened to these lot! tumbling down the table - offering refunds to the ST holders, appointing a woman that refers to fans as "customers" Disgraceful really. Then there are the players that are "injured" and almost unwilling to play for the manager.

To think that these should've been battling for promotion places at the start of the season is ridiculous - can't believe that with a relatively talented squad (barring a certain Derby Loanee) that they'd be in this position in the league.

Sounds crazy to me... genuinely thought these would be a contender this year...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

What has happened to these lot! tumbling down the table - offering refunds to the ST holders, appointing a woman that refers to fans as "customers" Disgraceful really. Then there are the players that are "injured" and almost unwilling to play for the manager.

To think that these should've been battling for promotion places at the start of the season is ridiculous - can't believe that with a relatively talented squad (barring a certain Derby Loanee) that they'd be in this position in the league.

Sounds crazy to me... genuinely thought these would be a contender this year...

As did their fans! I think they have a similar weight of expectation on them as we do.Seem pretty badly run though - which is never a good combination

I heard that they didn't even have the new kit for sale in the shop until 3 months into the season, and for that period when the team were in the new kit, but it wasn't for sale - they were still selling the old kit at full price. That's just basic commercial idiocy isn't it?

16 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

As did their fans! I think they have a similar weight of expectation on them as we do.Seem pretty badly run though - which is never a good combination

I heard that they didn't even have the new kit for sale in the shop until 3 months into the season, and for that period when the team were in the new kit, but it wasn't for sale - they were still selling the old kit at full price. That's just basic commercial idiocy isn't it?

Precisely! few Wendies in my office - they say that they aren't going to swap ST's back in and that they are going to support the club through thick and thin. Credit to the club, imagine some of our fans would be trading them in like nothing if we were in their Position,

Worrying to think that this is what a decent footballing team are coming to, no real manager news either other than AVB, strange position for the fans to be in at the minute, but don't think they are in any real danger of the drop, those positions are reserved for the gumps.

However on that note, these are the same lads that said if good old schteve went to them they would immediately become blades :) 

Just now, Mr Giggles said:

Precisely! few Wendies in my office - they say that they aren't going to swap ST's back in and that they are going to support the club through thick and thin. Credit to the club, imagine some of our fans would be trading them in like nothing if we were in their Position,

Worrying to think that this is what a decent footballing team are coming to, no real manager news either other than AVB, strange position for the fans to be in at the minute, but don't think they are in any real danger of the drop, those positions are reserved for the gumps.

However on that note, these are the same lads that said if good old schteve went to them they would immediately become blades :) 

Get Refund + Buy Half Season Ticket = Profit.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Get Refund + Buy Half Season Ticket = Profit.

Exactly! I don't understand what they're playing at. They should all be doing that.

31 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Exactly! I don't understand what they're playing at. They should all be doing that.

No, what they should be doing is getting a refund, then buying a half season ticket for derby. It’s not too far a commute from Sheffield. 

These are like Cardiff. Plugging away every year just to see their local rivals come from nowhere to earn promotion first. United will get promoted Ling before Wednesday will, which is very funny. 

10 minutes ago, Moist One said:

surely they are only offering 'pro-rata' refund, not the whole amo

You'd assume so - but then see my earlier post about their (lacl of) commercial acumen

There was also another incident of them offering a limited edition Owls watch, but they forgot to set a limit on the orders in the club shop and oversold it by about 1000%. I assume they couldn;t fulfill the orders as they admitted the mistake to everyone?!

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

You'd assume so - but then see my earlier post about their (lacl of) commercial acumen

There was also another incident of them offering a limited edition Owls watch, but they forgot to set a limit on the orders in the club shop and oversold it by about 1000%. I assume they couldn;t fulfill the orders as they admitted the mistake to everyone?!

That is so amateurish its unreal - a "limited edition" with no limit?????:lol:

Nixon says they're talking to Jos Luhukay, a Dutch manager who has mainly managed in Germany.

Comments from Wednesday fans don't seem too happy but I've seen them complain about everybody they've been linked to so far. They don't want tried and failed Championship level managers and they don't want an unknown name. What are they expecting to get?

I don't really care who they get, they're no threat this season and with their new CEO, I really wouldn't be surprised if they followed the same trend as Charlton did. As long as their new manager things Butterfield is a good player and Winnall a terrible one, that's fine.

43 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Nixon says they're talking to Jos Luhukay, a Dutch manager who has mainly managed in Germany.

Comments from Wednesday fans don't seem too happy but I've seen them complain about everybody they've been linked to so far. They don't want tried and failed Championship level managers and they don't want an unknown name. What are they expecting to get?

I don't really care who they get, they're no threat this season and with their new CEO, I really wouldn't be surprised if they followed the same trend as Charlton did. As long as their new manager things Butterfield is a good player and Winnall a terrible one, that's fine.

This is he. Its Gary Neville with a tache I tell ya!!!!!

B8B4ECAA-2B05-45A6-A91E-6863ABBB43DD.png

Archived