Lose lose unless you win

Sir Gary of Rowett

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

True but it's quite telling that certain dissenting voices are only heard after a draw or loss and never after a win. It must have been agony for those individuals sitting there recently, game after game, win after win, watching us charge up the table and all the time being unable to offer us their little pearls of wisdom.

I know I've missed them :thumbsup:

An early contender for post of the day. :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don't know why the haters can't accept that sometimes some people think that chris would be a better option than a 32 year old 

What does his age have to do with it?

I think Rowett would agree with you anyway, plenty of games this season Martin has got the nod, plenty of games Nugent has got the nod. I’d like to think Rowett has earned our trust, with the job he’s done so far, with whatever he goes with on the day. 

It's good to be able to debate how well Rowett is doing and the type of team he's creating.

It seems the only time anyone listens is when we're not playing well - although some posters point out deficiencies even when we're winning, it's just few listen.

There's lots of games left to play, I wonder if other managers will find Rowett out?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's good to be able to debate how well Rowett is doing and the type of team he's creating.

It seems the only time anyone listens is when we're not playing well - although some posters point out deficiencies even when we're winning, it's just few listen.

There's lots of games left to play, I wonder if other managers will find Rowett out?

Find him out .

Thats a compliment for Rowett then because they certainly found McClaren out. 

From what I can tell certain people who frequent this forum try and stir up the old wrist slashers vs blind faithers debate the very moment anybody at all engages their critical faculties. 

When people said the result yesterday was disappointing (which was the exact word Rowett used) people were being told to get a sense of perspective. Why does calling a spade a spade imply a lack of perspective anyway?

3 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

When people said the result yesterday was disappointing (which was the exact word Rowett used) people were being told to get a sense of perspective. Why does calling a spade a spade imply a lack of perspective anyway?

What spade are you using to dig with then mate? ;)

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

From what I can tell certain people who frequent this forum try and stir up the old wrist slashers vs blind faithers debate the very moment anybody at all engages their critical faculties. 

It rather sounded to me as though the result yesterday was slightly fortunate,  being based on a disappointing performance. 

There were several posts describing how we fell away in the 2nd half of Millwall in terms of energy,  concentration etc so I disagree with those who throw simplistic labels such as "wrist slasher" about.

There were posters suggesting that some would struggle yesterday and they were rubbished because GR has a big back up team who will "know" who is fit enough to cope with extra games. 

Then when some performance levels appeared to have dropped the suggestion was "how does Gary know who's up for a match or not ".

I agree with you that analysing cause and effect plus proposing alternative solutions shouldn't label you and ought to be worthy of debate. All hypothetical of course and it's not going to influence GRs next team selection but surely it's supposed to be fun trying!

The whole idea of a fans forum is that everyone can express their own views. We all support the same team at the end of the day.

Stop trying to control what people say and when. If people want a moan then let them have it . It doesn’t make them a better or worse fan. There’s no prize or award as best fan if someone is always positive.

It’s supposed to be free speech.

GR knows we rode our luck against Millwall , he know also we were poor against Hull.

But we took 3pts of Millwall and gained a pt away at Hull.

He has also said he knows we can play better.

So it at the moment taking 4 pts from the last 6 and a team that is only 2 pts off the autos isn't bad for a team that by all accounts is under performing.

Lets see how we get on from January, isn't usual for us to collapse in the 2nd half of the season. 

4 hours ago, caymanram said:

The whole idea of a fans forum is that everyone can express their own views. We all support the same team at the end of the day.

Stop trying to control what people say and when. If people want a moan then let them have it . It doesn’t make them a better or worse fan. There’s no prize or award as best fan if someone is always positive.

It’s supposed to be free speech.

You are right , challenging views is not controlling them ,seems to me there’s a bit of a fight back by the so called happy clappers and the extreme moaners are not enjoying having their views challenged 

10 minutes ago, archied said:

You are right , challenging views is not controlling them ,seems to me there’s a bit of a fight back by the so called happy clappers and the extreme moaners are not enjoying having their views challenged 

But the fight back by the happy clappers is aimed at the posters not at the football, name-calling, bit sad!

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But the fight back by the happy clappers is aimed at the posters not at the football, name-calling, bit sad!

Sorry you see it that way , can assure you that I see you as a real proper derby fan and see it as arguing the toss over derby with other derby fans , sometimes I have my views adjusted by their opinions , I have the same thing with kash, I totally disagree with his views on Martin issue but I still see him as a passionate derby fan ,,, I have no problem with anybody on this forum telling me I’m talking ******** if they think that 

On 28/12/2017 at 08:50, archied said:

I must say,it appears the complete opposite to me....

The so called happy clappers seem to be extremely sensitive to what they perceive to be any criticism or even suggestions of GR,s management and jump on anyone who offers an alternative view.

I do wonder if many of  today's happy clappers are the same members who were so vociferous of McLaren's happy clappers last year.

Easy to forget it goes both ways.

That's not aimed at you by the way archied....

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I must say,it appears the complete opposite to me....

The so called happy clappers seem to be extremely sensitive to what they perceive to be any criticism or even suggestions of GR,s management and jump on anyone who offers an alternative view.

I do wonder if many of  today's happy clappers are the same members who were so vociferous of McLaren's happy clappers last year.

Easy to forget it goes both ways.

That's not aimed at you by the way archied....

Some do that, but it's hard to have a discussion when posters say things that they won't be happy even if GR gets us promoted.Personally, I don't understand how you can be a Rams fan and not be happy if we got promoted, and that's not a swipe at anybody. 

Happy clappers accepting criticism or GRs management now is one thing, but how can you discuss the positives of his management if we were successful in promotion with folk who won't be happy until we've got the manager they want or the football style they want? 

20 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Happy clappers accepting criticism or GRs management now is one thing, but how can you discuss the positives of his management if we were successful in promotion with folk who won't be happy until we've got the manager they want or the football style they want? 

If we're successful in getting promotion then that is a positive but that doesn't necessarily for some mean they have to like his style of play - there's plenty that didn't enjoy us getting promoted with Billy Davies. That's the way it goes. The ends doesn't justify the means.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we're successful in getting promotion then that is a positive but that doesn't necessarily for some mean they have to like his style of play - there's plenty that didn't enjoy us getting promoted with Billy Davies. That's the way it goes. The ends doesn't justify the means.

At some point it will have to though? As ultimately football is results based and managers are hired/fired on this basis?

If you want a certain style of football, and for example it drove us all the way down to the bottom of league 2, would you still be happy with the manager because he plays the style of football you like, even if it takes us nowhere? 

As a Derby fan I want us to be successful first, I feel a bit happier on a Saturday with 3 points regardless of how we play, than I do if we lost. 

Archived