• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sir Gary of Rowett said:

Change the team and lose or draw, Rowett’s fault 

Don’t change the team and lose or draw, Rowett’s fault

Only way Rowett couldn’t lose is to win

We didn’t win today, neither did Wolves or Cardiff, you can’t win them all

Brilliant.. He is the manager, so um yes. He takes the plaudits.. Thanks for the new thread..

7 minutes ago, Sir Gary of Rowett said:

Change the team and lose or draw, Rowett’s fault 

Don’t change the team and lose or draw, Rowett’s fault

Only way Rowett couldn’t lose is to win

We didn’t win today, neither did Wolves or Cardiff, you can’t win them all

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Wise words you old sage 

Wrong, even if he wins ie the last few games, he gets pilloried prior to the game, by all the other professional managers that happen to frequent this forum.

39 minutes ago, froggg said:

Wrong, even if he wins ie the last few games, he gets pilloried prior to the game, by all the other professional managers that happen to frequent this forum.

And don’t forget afterwards too because we were lucky to win or didn’t entertain in the right way or with the right personnel 

19 minutes ago, archied said:

And don’t forget afterwards too because we were lucky to win or didn’t entertain in the right way or with the right personnel 

Crikey,it's absolutely shocking this forum business...other people disagreeing with the opinions of others,it's just not on really.

Perhaps it should be renamed The People's Democratic Republic of Rowett  so that everyone gets on board with the singular train of thought that we should all adopt without question.

Perhaps change 'forum' to 'cult' too..

21 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Crikey,it's absolutely shocking this forum business...other people disagreeing with the opinions of others,it's just not on really.

Perhaps it should be renamed The People's Democratic Republic of Rowett  so that everyone gets on board with the singular train of thought that we should all adopt without question.

Exactly, its OK to disagree. Which means its OK to disagree with negative views as well as positive views.

I don’t know what we’re supposed to disagree with. It’s Gary’s team and any decisions are down to him. Failure to carry out his instructions is down to the players. Scoring more goals than us or stopping us from scoring is down to the opposition. That’s about all there is to it. 

25 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yep terrible , how dare people question the martinettes 

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don’t know what we’re supposed to disagree with. It’s Gary’s team and any decisions are down to him. Failure to carry out his instructions is down to the players. Scoring more goals than us or stopping us from scoring is down to the opposition. That’s about all there is to it. 

You could say that about any manager.

It's Nigel Pearson's team and any decisions are down to him. Failure to carry out his instructions is down to the players. Scoring more goals than us or stopping us from scoring is down to the opposition.

It's Tommy Docherty's team and any decisions are down to him. Failure to carry out his instructions is down to the players. Scoring more goals than us or stopping us from scoring is down to the opposition.

Doesn't mean people can't say what they would do differently or disagree with how it's being done.

8 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Doesn't mean people can't say what they would do differently or disagree with how it's being done.

True but it's quite telling that certain dissenting voices are only heard after a draw or loss and never after a win. It must have been agony for those individuals sitting there recently, game after game, win after win, watching us charge up the table and all the time being unable to offer us their little pearls of wisdom.

I know I've missed them :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

True but it's quite telling that certain dissenting voices are only heard after a draw or loss and never after a win. It must have been agony for those individuals sitting there recently, game after game, win after win, watching us charge up the table and all the time being unable to offer us their little pearls of wisdom.

I know I've missed them :thumbsup:

Can see why you’ve missed them,It’s got to the stage where it’s quite funny , you just know it’s there waiting for a loss or even an away draw now and it’s always Chris Martin , George Thorne Steve Mac driven ,,, god we could have pep come in as manager and he would be a clown if he didn’t build our world around Chris Martin 

really enjoy debate on football opinions but when it’s so warped that no matter how well we do the Rowett opinion can never be adjusted but only put on the back burner waiting for any game we don’t win or play well in to suit an agenda you can’t sensibly debate that

I think people are making fair points about rotating 3 or 4 players yesterday after a set of great results you could sense energy levels were dropping and we do have great options to replace some of them without hurting the team but for Saturday now it appears that it may need to happen without question and yes we may win lose or draw but any point away from home is a good point throughout the season 

12 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Exactly, its OK to disagree. Which means its OK to disagree with negative views as well as positive views.

True.

Unless it's about Chris Martin.

I’ve got to the stage where although I like Chris Martin and think he can play a part over the season I would rather he was sold in jan so we can move on properly like we are doing with Hughes and ince , then we can debate football on current merit rather than massively clouded by past fav bias 

Archived