Lose lose unless you win

Sir Gary of Rowett

58 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I must say,it appears the complete opposite to me....

The so called happy clappers seem to be extremely sensitive to what they perceive to be any criticism or even suggestions of GR,s management and jump on anyone who offers an alternative view.

I do wonder if many of  today's happy clappers are the same members who were so vociferous of McLaren's happy clappers last year.

Easy to forget it goes both ways.

That's not aimed at you by the way archied....

Or disagree? Surely thats ok, if they dont agree with what people say then why not?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

At some point it will have to though? As ultimately football is results based and managers are hired/fired on this basis?

If you want a certain style of football, and for example it drove us all the way down to the bottom of league 2, would you still be happy with the manager because he plays the style of football you like, even if it takes us nowhere? 

As a Derby fan I want us to be successful first, I feel a bit happier on a Saturday with 3 points regardless of how we play, than I do if we lost. 

Most teams success is limited to competing and staying in a certain league though, so after that there has to be something to keep the fans turning up? Winning something is a rarity. 

But I know what you're saying and I agree sport is about success/winning.  

On 28/12/2017 at 07:02, toddy said:

GR knows we rode our luck against Millwall , he know also we were poor against Hull.

But we took 3pts of Millwall and gained a pt away at Hull.

He has also said he knows we can play better.

So it at the moment taking 4 pts from the last 6 and a team that is only 2 pts off the autos isn't bad for a team that by all accounts is under performing.

Lets see how we get on from January, isn't usual for us to collapse in the 2nd half of the season. 

How did we ride our luck against Millwall?

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

We just did .

They missed a sitter before we scored. 

Hull missed an absolute sitter. 

They missed one decent chance and we punished them by scoring 3 goals in quick succession, not sure where luck comes into that.

Against Hull we were lucky because they missed 3 or 4 very good chances.

I very rarely see anyone call the other team lucky when we miss a chance or their goalkeeper makes a decent save!

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How did we ride our luck against Millwall?

They did have numerous chances in the game, get one and the game changes..

GR "I'm really pleased with a clean sheet but we probably didn't deserve one. Millwall deserved a goal.......''

My point was that we are still not playing that good, yet getting results, 12 mths ago a Millwall goal goes in and we callapse. luck, yes some teams get it  those that do are the ones that generally win leagues and cups and promotion so you never know.....

1 hour ago, toddy said:

They did have numerous chances in the game, get one and the game changes..

GR "I'm really pleased with a clean sheet but we probably didn't deserve one. Millwall deserved a goal.......''

My point was that we are still not playing that good, yet getting results, 12 mths ago a Millwall goal goes in and we callapse. luck, yes some teams get it  those that do are the ones that generally win leagues and cups and promotion so you never know.....

I still believe that you don't get lucky over a season. 

You will get a few dodgy decisions in your favour but you will also get some against you.

You may get a lot of penalties but surely to be getting them you need to be getting in the opposition area.

Your opponents may miss a few easy chances buy if you are restricting the number of chances they are having then that surely contributes? 

I'll admit at Hull we were lucky, they had numerous easy chances but I cant remember too many games where we have had lots of luck. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

There is no luck involved in gambling.

That's what a friend of mine said also.  He claimed to have figured out the roulette table and the fact that he lost all he had on it, only proved how close he was to cracking it

Archived