Chris Baird

Coneheadjohn

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The competition is good.

Both good players and both capable of playing in the midle if required.

I would certainly rather see Wisdom on the bench than Pearce. 2 positions covered there as opposed to 1.

I agree mate, with all of that. Just think for the money spent we should have a RB that takes us to another level, hefty price to pay for what is turning out to be a backup to Chris Baird. The key here is probably Chris Baird's age, he won't go on forever so Wisdom is obviously our long term prospect at RB.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I would have Baird my bum on the Pride Park pitch at half-time  a few weeks ago if somebody had said he would displace Wisdom from the team and keep his place. This should have a positive knock on effect(not me baring my posterior) on the whole squad in respect of them all upping their games to keep their places in the team.

Every time Baird plays you have to  get your arse out in the centre circle before kick off?

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That definitely won't get the attendances back up. More than likely it would empty the place. :unsure:

Don't do yourself down. 

New club competition. 

We could guess How Hard, from a backside shot?

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Absolute rock. Got loads of abuse from some on here and jeered at by 'fans' at games and yet has shown the know-nothings up in the best possible way. Massive respect for the guy. A proper pro.

We seem to have more than our fair share of these know-nothings.

I've yet to read a matchday thread without at least one player getting moaned about by somebody and saying how another player should be used (It's normally the same few posters)

Why the hell people can't support the team as a whole and back whoever GR sees fit to use I don't know, It's a squad game and we don't need to pick player A over player B. Back them all.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've yet to read a matchday thread without at least one player getting moaned about by somebody and saying how another player should be used (It's normally the same few posters)

Why the hell people can't support the team as a whole and back whoever GR sees fit to use I don't know, It's a squad game and we don't need to pick player A over player B. Back them all.

Yep, spot on. There's a few on here who literally can't post anything without bitching at one or more of the squad, irrespective of whether we win or put on a good team performance. Tedious as ****. 

48 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I think that the Forum isn't a reflection of the away match day support at the moment. The comments around me recently have been pretty positive and more people are getting the fact that just because we are defending it doesn't mean we are about to concede. I think the volume of noise and encouragement at Middlesbrough and Barnsley were terrific.

At home it's much less so and the nervousness of the crowd seems to affect the players, who are less assured. 

I would love us to start getting behind the team more at home - it could make all the difference. Let's start next Saturday!

Yes Baird has been excellent since he came in, reads the game so well, is very good on the ball, makes some great passes and crosses, and at 35, his fitness levels are a credit to his own attitude, to think when he first came we had some idiots in the east lower booing him because he made a backwards pass, like Angieram has already stated lets get behind all the players next week against Villa because they need our support, let's please not keep getting on the players back for one miss placed pass, or a backwards pass, we are 4th in the league, you can see the players giving 100 percent since Mr Rowett came in, time for us fans to give 100 percent positive support, and this includes the boo boys, we are all Derby and wanting the same thing, promotion back to the prem, we can all play our part in this.

Chris Baird has been brilliant since he came back in, if we didn’t sign him up to another year we’d only have to buy another RB to cover Wisdom.

Baird is one of many players that come in fo rmassively unfair critiscm from certain sections of our fans. In fact, Baird, Keogh, Fozzy, Huddlestone, Weimann and Martin have all been openly jeered at games. More than 50% of the starting line up yesterday have been deemed not good enough at some point yet yesterday played In a team that won 3-0 away from home and moved up to 4th in the league ?

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Tbh its a long time since Baird got any stick.

that was as a midfielder under Clement.

No it was not , he got dogs abuse when he played at right back and played the ball backwards, some of our fans are so negative it does my head in, they need to understand the game before they state stupid opinons, Baird has played at the top level for many years, and I for one can understand this by watching him play the game, his positional sense is second to none.

He was playing left back the day he got the abuse from some of the East Stand, and reacted to it.

Not that it matters, he's well beyond it now, been on loan since and has come back to more than prove his worth. 

Sleeping dogs and all that.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He was playing left back the day he got the abuse from some of the East Stand, and reacted to it.

Not that it matters, he's well beyond it now, been on loan since and has come back to more than prove his worth. 

Sleeping dogs and all that.

No mate, I was trying to explain some of our fans are to quick to jump on players backs, and he was deffo playing right back that day. Time for some of our fans to realise that they need to back there team and stop shouting out **** all game, some of them really make themselves sound foolish, they need to realise we have a manager and owner who loves the club and are doing there best to push us onto another level, it's a shame we can not all be pulling in one direction, I for one am feeling really positive about the season ahead.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He was negative at times. Now he is playing better. His passing is more incisive,

I don't hear anyone giving him stick at the moment.

He was not negative, if there is nothing on you play the safe pass, not just hoof it anywhere, he was also probably playing under the management instructions, when you play right back if the pass is not on, you play it safe, not just hoof it like some of the east stand like, shouts like get it forward Derby, after 2 minutes of play, some of them should have pkayed the game when they was younger Lol.

Archived