Mr Brightside

Fraser_23

12 hours ago, FindernRam said:

The music is totally unrecognisable in West Stand just too loud! I see Burton fans commented on it on their site as well.

Maybe its an age thing- now a nice bit of Glen Miller- that'd be good!

It is way too loud!

I intend to write to the club to complain about it (amoungst other things)

Its fine havign the most powerful PA in the country if you want to stage concerts or turn it into a night club.

But killing all atmosphere before kickoff, to the point you cant even hear the guy next to you, let alone start a chant.

Maybe you are used to it now Rams fans, but yesterday was my first match this season, so its no surprise the Burton fans are thinking what I am.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Why don’t they record the crowd singing their favourites (when I was young etc), then play it over the tannoy so everyone else can join in?

That should create enough noise to intimidate the opposition.

I’m sure our opponents enjoy the Killers as much as we do. We don’t want them being upbeat when they come onto the pitch!

People enjoy The Killers?

I'm very much a traditionalist and have always thought that Derby should run out to The Dambusters.

However, I absolutely love the Rams running out to Mr Brightside (Brightside was my nickname when I was posted out in Cyprus) and I am really hoping that it becomes our  anthem! 

One caveat would be that the lyrics are not changed, Sheffield Utd used to run out to Annies Song, then they changed the lyrics to a greasy chip buttie and it sounds cheap.

2 hours ago, RebelScum said:

I'm very much a traditionalist and have always thought that Derby should run out to The Dambusters.

However, I absolutely love the Rams running out to Mr Brightside (Brightside was my nickname when I was posted out in Cyprus) and I am really hoping that it becomes our  anthem! 

One caveat would be that the lyrics are not changed, Sheffield Utd used to run out to Annies Song, then they changed the lyrics to a greasy chip buttie and it sounds cheap.

Tbf I would like it to become some sort of anthem but they need to turn it down though

When I went to see them, I'd heard that they started the set with Mr Brightside, I wasn't sure that was the best thing but how wrong I was.  Love The Killers, love Mr Brightside - agree that the original would be better pre-match. 

11 hours ago, COYR said:

Yh well look what i found...

OMG! Confess I've not heard it at the ground (Villa will be the first time in a while I can get up to Pride Park for a game) but if this is what it is it's horrible beyond belief. How to ruin an epic song. Are you serious that this is what they play? If so, whoever chose that should be fired. It's absolutely ******* terrible. No, no, no!

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yes Carl Sagan it's awful. 

We'd be far better off coming out to The Pixies. Here Comes Your Ram.

Or when all them flames are going off we could shoot out a few Cannonballs into the away end!

Two of my favourite songs, especially Here comes your RAM. But not convinced they're ones to run out to. Has to be doing something that's massive from the beginning. The proper Mr Brightside would be fine, (reasonably) contemporary and different.

Alternatively a safe and obvious sing-a-long choice is Mr David Bowie:

If not sing-a-long, I like the music they play on Radio Derby Sportscene which is by library music composer Keith Mansfield (who also wrote the theme tunes for Grandstand and Wimbledon). They used to use it for BBC Athletics coverage:

My biggest worry is whether the Brightside/Sweet Child mix can actually be legally played in public. That youtube link is the only one I could find, and doesn't exactly look totally legit.

Just our luck to seal promotion against Barnsley on the final day with a dramatic last minute winner from Weimann / Huddlestone / Baird / insert unlikely scorer here, just to suffer a points deduction for copyright infringement. Wouldn't happen to any other club, but to Derby... - you just never know.

Stop it! Stop putting forward your favourite pop songs - reminds me of people choosing a new national anthem on daytime TV... Wannabee by the spice girls was tops ?

'Avin a pint in the mess tonight with my lad and this came up, he's an up and coming guitarist (busker at best ?) and he says yeah, it has the the same melodic sequence... Or something.

Anyway, let's make it it ours... I love it!

2 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Stop it! Stop putting forward your favourite pop songs - reminds me of people choosing a new national anthem on daytime TV... Wannabee by the spice girls was tops ?

'Avin a pint in the mess tonight with my lad and this came up, he's an up and coming guitarist (busker at best ?) and he says yeah, it has the the same melodic sequence... Or something.

Anyway, let's make it it ours... I love it!

Shush yerself @RebelScum:D

@Inverurie Ram - How about British Sea Power's Waving Flags, as Pride Park becomes a sea of black and white at kickoff? Upliffting and appropriate:

Archived